Ramesh T A
A Dark World?
A light brown cat comes at every night sure…….;
This cool cat sits comfortably calculating on rat catch;
Then searches for rat here and there round the house;
The house frequented with rat nuisance is free now!
After making a thorough search everywhere it goes away;
What a relief we have from rat menace in the house now!
The clever cat takes some leftover food if no rats are seen;
Natural enmity between rat and cat is proverbial indeed!
We shouldn’t doubt if this cat too can drink milk in kitchen;
This cat is also a sister of big cat like lion and tigers ever;
They are living in the forest but this cat is domesticated here;
Whether in the forest or in the house cat is a carnivorous one!
The cat may think world is dark if eye is closed;
But are we fools to believe world is dark like cat?
Ramesh T A's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Dark World? by Ramesh T A )
- A Country on Its Knees, mai venn
- Uncontrollable Poet, Erato
- Clocks, fiona sinclair
- Day Tripper, fiona sinclair
- Internet Dating, fiona sinclair
- Precious life it is!, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Family portrait, fiona sinclair
- Post dated appointment, fiona sinclair
- Moody hopes, Chai Amos
- About your mother's face, fiona sinclair
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)