Ramesh T A
A Dark World?
A light brown cat comes at every night sure…….;
This cool cat sits comfortably calculating on rat catch;
Then searches for rat here and there round the house;
The house frequented with rat nuisance is free now!
After making a thorough search everywhere it goes away;
What a relief we have from rat menace in the house now!
The clever cat takes some leftover food if no rats are seen;
Natural enmity between rat and cat is proverbial indeed!
We shouldn’t doubt if this cat too can drink milk in kitchen;
This cat is also a sister of big cat like lion and tigers ever;
They are living in the forest but this cat is domesticated here;
Whether in the forest or in the house cat is a carnivorous one!
The cat may think world is dark if eye is closed;
But are we fools to believe world is dark like cat?
Ramesh T A's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Dark World? by Ramesh T A )
- Angel, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Malaria, hasmukh amathalal
- The life we have lived, Goodenough Sakhile Dlamini
- At our will, hasmukh amathalal
- See the fishes, hasmukh amathalal
- Two Become One, Loide V Augustinus
- Your Sweetness, Loide V Augustinus
- Why do you mock at my love, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Drifting Away, Loide V Augustinus
- The Eminent Reign, kyvin nash