A DAD, A FATHER AND A MAN
Whenever i looked at my father,
You know what i saw?
I saw a dad.
I insist i saw-
I wasn't told, you know-
He was a father in a man.
Further into being a father,
He was a dad.
In the outer world,
A man, he was.
But in my world
A dad, a father and a man;
A true one.
At least in my childhood eyes.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A DAD, A FATHER AND A MAN by Cherret Leakey )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- How Long iS yOUr List of Should?, Monk E. Biz
- The Love Train Rolls, chug a chug a chuga, Monk E. Biz
- Ill-fated, gajanan mishra
- An Agonizing Cry, Valsa George
- Patterns Followed On Aging Fabric, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Documenting Of Those Endeavors, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Courage, Lilly Emery
- Bijay Kant Dubey An Expert on Jayanta Ma.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Living ‘In Fear' of The Lord, Brian Johnston
- what now?, cece rodriguez