A Cry Of Love
Never could it be to the rise of the morning star,
Neither was it the glittering of the evening light.
The trees withered out their leaves before their season,
The gentle flowing waters angrily locked its door to my face.
The clouds folding their arms; never to give rain!
Cladding out pain with thunders and lighting.
An old, gentle smile of the wind turned astray
Even to the sensed land rolling under my feet like a carpet,
Only could find comfort in the dry lands of my soul.
In all, nature was at war with the emptiness in heart.
It was at loggerheads with the confusion in thoughts.
Until the cry of my beloved! Marked the end of the misery!
It was a new day, when she whispered in the dry withered nights.
The sun gave a glowing smile with the clouds circling it with joy.
The leaves rinsed out their tears from the raindrops.
Gently run the waters down the stream never to dry up.
The wind warmly embraced us never to set us apart.
And the land with opened arms sprang out the best vegetation ever.
Uprising a new dawn of blessing from God filled with ecstasy,
A great love of pain erupted in a cry taking from laughter.
Distance was only the bridge to a unified love of comfort.
Let it be to all who saw my pain and now sharing in the glory from on High;
She dried the tears in heart with her benevolent smile,
And took away the heist of misery in the soul with her loving heart
With our hearts built on the bonds of the Love of God;
Forever will our love endure; even to our generations to come.
Siegfried OheneSidza's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Cry Of Love by Siegfried OheneSidza )
- What is your name?, Aftab Alam
- Heaven, Hell, or the Highway, David Lewis Paget
- Grave fetched, Aftab Alam
- Haiku(Courage), Aftab Alam
- Many Lonely People, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Reentry, michael walkerjohn
- Buried Beneath The Waves, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- uncomfortable, maharshi trivedi
- Mexican Food With Jesus, Mr. Nobody
- Sonnet of Pain, Sierra Staten
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)