A Cross T[r]ick - Acrostic
Departing with last train past week expires
On Friday night, commuters find release
Using well trained minds unused to peace
By pie[r]cing crossword clues, games each admires.
Life-lines are strung out too, as each aspires
Enthusiastically to morrow’s ease,
Creating word-games just before the peas
Rinsed with the salad welcome cooking fires.
On what enchanted waves will strange desires
Safety spurn when dreams seek f[l]resh release,
Sweet rapture, soft reflections sure to please,
In harmony with self. This, each requires.
Now, questions answered, prophecies fulfill
Great expectations bright with heightened will.
Jonathan ROBIN's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Cross T[r]ick - Acrostic by Jonathan ROBIN )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Bears and Ladders, Stephen Katona
- Gentle Rain Falling, Kyle Schlicher
- A Buddha in the Heart of the Rock, Guillermo Veloso
- I Watched In Wonder, Kyle Schlicher
- Snowflake Falling, Kyle Schlicher
- Weep No More, My Willow Tree!, Maria Magdalena Biela
- ebola virus, ademola oluwabusayo
- The Mirror of your life... can you face .., Dimitri Jagodinski
- Honour-killing Is A Sin/ Just For Family.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Love story, gajanan mishra