A Courageous Battle
A courageous battle is being fought
By so many people today.
They've been stricken down with sickness
That has come their way.
Whether it's in the mind or body
It takes away their peace..
It's with them constantly, never ending
Until the pain does cease.
Those that are older seem to accept it
Better than the young.
And when it's a child, they are the strongest
For they seem to have hung
Their battle for life on a clothesline
Flowing with the breeze,
Never fearing the unknown at all
Facing their battle with ease.
This battle for life seems futile at times
But still we fight anyhow.
For that's the spirit of humanity at work
In its battle before its bow.
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Courageous Battle by Edwina Reizer )
- Invisible Walls, S. I. Rednow
- COPLA 108 RESOLUTION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- FALLING FEATHER, shannon strauss
- I Found Favor In A Lake, mohamed Alpha Ba
- A Direful Day, mohamed Alpha Ba
- Black Reign, Singleton M. Tate
- I Will Keep On Praying, mohamed Alpha Ba
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.18, Monk E. Biz
- I regret nothing, but I invest in what c.., Mandolyn ...
- Steve Jobs, Saiom Shriver