We all sit around the table,
My family and me,
Talking amongst ourselves,
Having a conversation.
The convo flows with frequency,
Reaching different pitches,
And different amplitudes,
And the volume rises and dwindles,
Depending on the mood.
We all sat outside,
On the deck in our backyard,
I sat on the far side,
Out in the sun,
And Sean, Elyse, and Mum,
Sat among the shade.
Sean sat opposite me,
Talking with his quick tongue,
And his incestuous, slandering language,
And his slang and his innuendos,
And his impudent language.
He insults everyone,
He mocks them,
And shows his arrogant attitude,
And shows off his dreaded pride,
Making himself look like a buffoon,
With his buck teeth,
And his alcohol-like Mountain Dew,
And his Nike cap,
And hsi plumb muscles,
And his Al Capone-wannabe language.
He looks like a complete fool,
And laughs like a horse,
So he looks like a wannabe gangster.
Elyse sits next to me,
Feeding the dogs,
And speaking calmly.
She is relaxed and easygoing,
Yet she presses herself a little bit,
Pushing a little abrasively.
Yet, she is relaxed,
And she is fairly calm.
Mum is pretty quiet,
Yet she speaks her mind,
She spoke with honesty,
And she always broke the ice,
And she also provided guidance,
And spoke wisely with others.
She is respectful,
And she offered advice,
Whenever she managed.
The conversation continues,
And it shows intimacy,
With every character involved,
The communion is entertaining.
Justin Reamer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Conversation by Justin Reamer )
- because you doubted it, RIC S. BASTASA
- The curving world's edge (Passion Sonnet), Gert Strydom
- Could My Calm Coax You, Susan Lacovara
- At times we are only set on passing (Ame.., Gert Strydom
- The Implementation Is Seldom Unchanged, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Clean India Campaign, Dr John Celes
- Holy Journey, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- MISSION, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Life's Numbers, Randy McClave
- Imagining Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- My Love Is Like To Ice, Edmund Spenser
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)