We all sit around the table,
My family and me,
Talking amongst ourselves,
Having a conversation.
The convo flows with frequency,
Reaching different pitches,
And different amplitudes,
And the volume rises and dwindles,
Depending on the mood.
We all sat outside,
On the deck in our backyard,
I sat on the far side,
Out in the sun,
And Sean, Elyse, and Mum,
Sat among the shade.
Sean sat opposite me,
Talking with his quick tongue,
And his incestuous, slandering language,
And his slang and his innuendos,
And his impudent language.
He insults everyone,
He mocks them,
And shows his arrogant attitude,
And shows off his dreaded pride,
Making himself look like a buffoon,
With his buck teeth,
And his alcohol-like Mountain Dew,
And his Nike cap,
And hsi plumb muscles,
And his Al Capone-wannabe language.
He looks like a complete fool,
And laughs like a horse,
So he looks like a wannabe gangster.
Elyse sits next to me,
Feeding the dogs,
And speaking calmly.
She is relaxed and easygoing,
Yet she presses herself a little bit,
Pushing a little abrasively.
Yet, she is relaxed,
And she is fairly calm.
Mum is pretty quiet,
Yet she speaks her mind,
She spoke with honesty,
And she always broke the ice,
And she also provided guidance,
And spoke wisely with others.
She is respectful,
And she offered advice,
Whenever she managed.
The conversation continues,
And it shows intimacy,
With every character involved,
The communion is entertaining.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Conversation by Justin Reamer )
- Crushed Cookies...... [HUMOR; SHORT; re.., Bri Edwards
- Where Did Mommy Go, Stephen Morris Jr
- me sisters dog, lee fones
- On Cold Grey Mountain, John Martinez
- I KNEW LOVE, SHARON YAKOWA
- I'm Still Here, Stephen Morris Jr
- tramp, lee fones
- Leaves On The Grass, Poetic Lilly Emery
- Thought Process, Mitta Xinindlu
- Kind Santa, lee fones
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Oh, the places you'll go!, Adens Kamwi
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- Ode To A Nightingale, John Keats
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)