A (Conventional) Love Song!
Oh my Love! The throb and thrill of my life!
Why remain so elusive like will-o’- the- wisp?
Why vanish quickly like a delightful dream
Why fade out like a symphony sweet?
Won’t you come to me to ease my pain
To herald for me a new dawn
To transport me to worlds intangible
To be ever with me as my guardian angel
Hold my hand when I am about to fall
Help me set new goals when I am lost
Make me laugh when I am low
Infuse courage when I develop cold feet
Show me dew drops that I can see diamonds
Feed me with home fare that I may taste Ambrosia
Gift me a rose that a thousand blooms instantly burst open
Talk high of me that rainbows may arch around my sky
Take your glance off, I will wither like a flower
Show a cold shoulder, I am sure to grow frozen inside
Speak roughly, I would hear rumblings of thunder in my ear
Turn your back, Oh! My heart would break into shards
Like the setting sun nose diving into the depths,
Like two streams that flow and merge as one
And travel miles to run down to the sea,
Let us plunge into eternity to be in love ever and ever!
Valsa George's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A (Conventional) Love Song! by Valsa George )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 September 1880 – 25 June 1958)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Poetry Heaven, Kim Barney
- Thank You My Love, Margaret Alice Second
- My Dream, Michael P. McParland
- joshua trees hopping in the trunk of the.., Mandolyn ...
- my lovely lovely wife, Rasheed Alqahas
- Four Leaf Clover, Eve White
- Eric Gone Postal, Eve White
- Half-Breed or Racist, Eve White
- (Rock ballad) Hold on and letting go, Putri Misnia Shary Bahri (Sh ..
- Road Kill, Liilia Talts Morrison