A CONSTITUTION LIKE THE SWISS... JAN 19TH,2014
A CONSTITUTION LIKE THE SWISS … JAN 19TH,2014
We need a referendum about dignity in death,
Both forbidden here and politicians view them as a pest,
Banned by our appointed Supreme Court and just not allowed,
That’s what they told Sue Rodriguez and the Lou Gehrig’s disease crowd.
Our Ottawa aristocrats pretend that this is not so,
But these these travel-tax-and-spend types already know,
Please no referendums or death-with-dignity they groan,
And the date of the next election is never really known.
But these travel-tax-and-spend aristocrats, are busy far away,
Nothing is allowed to change so you better kneel down and pray,
Our Supreme Court told Sue Rodriguez, she would have to miss,
Because we don’t have a Constitution like the Swiss.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A CONSTITUTION LIKE THE SWISS... JAN 19TH,2014 by James Bredin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Wildly Into The Night, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Drunk poetry, Christian Lacdael
- Opportunities, Christian Lacdael
- COPLA 68 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Yes I Do, Lalit Kaira
- Wooden Footprints, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- New Migration Equilibriums Time Shift Es.., Terence G. Craddock
- bonnie to your clyde, Mandolyn ...
- Purpose Of Life!, Geetha Jayakumar
- Corridors, RoseAnn V. Shawiak