A Confession of Love
Oh My Beautiful angel, My desert rose,
Everyday my love for you grows.
I wish there was an easier way,
To say I love you more today, than yesterday.
And I'm not sure what to do,
So I wrote this poem about you.
Your skin, pale, like a sheet of snow,
Shines brilliantly like the moon's glow.
Your smile is the reason my heart beats,
Your voice is so soothing, calm and sweet,
Like the beautiful, sound sea,
The sight of you takes the breath from me.
I wish you would never leave my sight,
For you, I'd be willing to fight.
When I'm around you, I lose my voice,
Hearing your laughter makes me rejoice,
Because I want you to be happy,
And I want you to be with me.
When you talk, you get my attention,
When I look at you I see perfection.
You're one of the prettiest girls I've seen,
Envy for you, all girls turn green.
Your thoughts random, like battles in a role playing game,
Are beautiful and amazing all the same.
Your eyes glisten like dew on a leaf,
You've stolen my heart like a beautiful thief.
The beauty I see in your magnificent eyes,
Is the beauty I see in the sunrise.
They shine brighter than the emerald city,
On this earth, there is nothing as pretty.
But to truly compare your eyes, I'm unable,
For nothing's as beautiful as your eyes are hazel.
It's the little things you do, which are so cute,
Your smile could give words to the mute.
I'd write a thousand poems my rose, my star,
To show you just how beautiful you are.
But a thousand poems wouldn't be enough,
To show your true beauty, oh how I love
Everything about you, your eyes, hair and nose,
The perfect girl, my desert rose.
The greatest day was when we did meet,
I hope to sweep you off your perfect little feet.
Heaven is where you must've been born,
Because you're an angel, alas I am torn.
Should I tell you the feelings inside?
Or my love for you should I just hide?
Heart beating fast as I read these words,
Hands shaking, darn these nerves.
Oh I've wanted to tell you how my heart sings,
But I just didn't want to ruin things.
Your friendship means so very much,
But your skin seems so soft to touch.
How I long to hold your hands,
You're the most wonderful in all the land.
To kiss you, to love you, to hold you tight,
To be with you, it just seems right.
For we must truly be meant to be,
For in every way, you're exactly like me.
So now you know how I feel,
Please know these feelings for you are real.
Perhaps you feel the same for me,
Perhaps this is our destiny.
But beautiful friend, who knows?
We'll just take life as it goes.
Perhaps we will just have to see,
If we are truly meant to be.
Matt Reyes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Confession of Love by Matt Reyes )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(18 September 1906 - 18 September 1995)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Believe In Yourself, Ronell Warren Alman
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Merry Christmas My Love, Michael P. McParland
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- "க்ரிஸ்து" என்ற ஒரு ஜோதி!, Subbaraman N V
- PIOUS WELCOME TO TWENTY FIFTEEN*, Subbaraman N V
- Pschology 101 (I), Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- A Dancer's Life, Donald Justice
- What Christmas for Them..........?, Jayatissa Liyanage
- I Know You Are There, Orlando Belo
- Dior-Ets, The Body Mass of Death..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Glimpsing Silverstein's Truth, Merton Lee
- A Christmas Wish of A Lifetime..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Unseen, Self-Empathizing Mirrors, Merton Lee