A Confession, I Bought Good Poetry
Yep, I am guilty,
go ahead and hang me,
I bought poetry last night,
on the street.
Sitting waiting for my veggies
on flour tortilla,
approached I was by a man,
full of sweet-smelling Sangria.
He was polite
and very unique,
I wanted to hear,
and more I did seek!
He started reciting verse,
directly from heaven,
so angelically pure,
my surroundings it did deafen.
I touched him,
held his shoulder,
closed my eyes
as he got bolder!
My soul he did rock
and then even more,
my heart took off,
it really began to soar!
Larry Rogers the best darn poet,
if the world heard him,
they would instantly know it!
Homeless he was
and donations were his pleas,
Oh Larry Rogers, my soul last night,
you did overwhelmingly sublimely please!
What was the true value
of his grand gift of verse?
Who can say?
But I love that man and gladly
emptied my whole money purse!
Mr. Nobody's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Confession, I Bought Good Poetry by Mr. Nobody )
Did you read them?
- Life is a chasing game,, Aftab Alam
- The midnight scream, Harold R Hunt Sr
- It calls your name., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Dogs, Cinzia Wills
- Interminable Wanderer, Cinzia Wills
- The Sky, Harold R Hunt Sr
- That part of your heart, Rolfy Dsilva
- The letter puzzle., Harold R Hunt Sr
- I am Sorry, Md. Ziaul Haque
- If it wasn't for country music, Harold R Hunt Sr
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Sonnet I, Sir John Suckling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Heather Burns
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)