A Confession, I Bought Good Poetry
Yep, I am guilty,
go ahead and hang me,
I bought poetry last night,
on the street.
Sitting waiting for my veggies
on flour tortilla,
approached I was by a man,
full of sweet-smelling Sangria.
He was polite
and very unique,
I wanted to hear,
and more I did seek!
He started reciting verse,
directly from heaven,
so angelically pure,
my surroundings it did deafen.
I touched him,
held his shoulder,
closed my eyes
as he got bolder!
My soul he did rock
and then even more,
my heart took off,
it really began to soar!
Larry Rogers the best darn poet,
if the world heard him,
they would instantly know it!
Homeless he was
and donations were his pleas,
Oh Larry Rogers, my soul last night,
you did overwhelmingly sublimely please!
What was the true value
of his grand gift of verse?
Who can say?
But I love that man and gladly
emptied my whole money purse!
Mr. Nobody's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Confession, I Bought Good Poetry by Mr. Nobody )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Tiger, William Blake
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- Loss of Innocence, Bijay Kant Dubey
- HUMANKIND, john chizoba vincent
- Sorry, If I Have Hurt Your Feelings, Ext.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Deep Deep Peace, Margaret Moran
- Aflas Ke Basti..., pakeeza rizvi
- WHO REALLY CONTROLS THE WORLD?, john chizoba vincent
- Walking In Clouds, Juan Olivarez
- Of Ancestors From Long Ago, Spiritwind Wood
- If I Told You, Spiritwind Wood
- WHEN ARE YOU COMING HOME, FATHER?, john chizoba vincent