A Confession, I Bought Good Poetry
Yep, I am guilty,
go ahead and hang me,
I bought poetry last night,
on the street.
Sitting waiting for my veggies
on flour tortilla,
approached I was by a man,
full of sweet-smelling Sangria.
He was polite
and very unique,
I wanted to hear,
and more I did seek!
He started reciting verse,
directly from heaven,
so angelically pure,
my surroundings it did deafen.
I touched him,
held his shoulder,
closed my eyes
as he got bolder!
My soul he did rock
and then even more,
my heart took off,
it really began to soar!
Larry Rogers the best darn poet,
if the world heard him,
they would instantly know it!
Homeless he was
and donations were his pleas,
Oh Larry Rogers, my soul last night,
you did overwhelmingly sublimely please!
What was the true value
of his grand gift of verse?
Who can say?
But I love that man and gladly
emptied my whole money purse!
Mr. Nobody's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Confession, I Bought Good Poetry by Mr. Nobody )
Did you read them?
- "...through your rape whistle", Jeff Gangwer
- "Angels are...", Jeff Gangwer
- Your Ghost Doesn't Haunt This Room, Jeff Gangwer
- She Wore Poison on Her Neck, Jeff Gangwer
- Yes or No?, Jeff Gangwer
- A. A. Anzarannii As An Indian English Po.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- From My List of Annoyances, Jeff Gangwer
- When A Flower Glooms, Eshan Gupta
- A Wealth, Like Truth, Jeff Gangwer
- "If I believed in your heaven...&qu.., Jeff Gangwer
Poem of the Day
- To an Athlete Dying Young, Alfred Edward Housman
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Robert William Service
(16 January 1874 - 11 September 1958)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)