A Confession, I Bought Good Poetry
Yep, I am guilty,
go ahead and hang me,
I bought poetry last night,
on the street.
Sitting waiting for my veggies
on flour tortilla,
approached I was by a man,
full of sweet-smelling Sangria.
He was polite
and very unique,
I wanted to hear,
and more I did seek!
He started reciting verse,
directly from heaven,
so angelically pure,
my surroundings it did deafen.
I touched him,
held his shoulder,
closed my eyes
as he got bolder!
My soul he did rock
and then even more,
my heart took off,
it really began to soar!
Larry Rogers the best darn poet,
if the world heard him,
they would instantly know it!
Homeless he was
and donations were his pleas,
Oh Larry Rogers, my soul last night,
you did overwhelmingly sublimely please!
What was the true value
of his grand gift of verse?
Who can say?
But I love that man and gladly
emptied my whole money purse!
Mr. Nobody's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Confession, I Bought Good Poetry by Mr. Nobody )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 December 1797 – 15 February 1869)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Late Walk, Robert Frost
- Inspiration, Henry David Thoreau
- Ghazal, Mirza Ghalib
- Within the Circuit of This Plodding Life, Henry David Thoreau
- Summer in Calcutta, Kamala Das
- A.Pushkin, Anchar - translation (rus.), Lyudmila Purgina
Poem of the Day
- The PH Forum Ru-Ku Trifecta..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- You Never Know, Ifthekar Ifthi
- The Real Fruit, Nash Thomas
- Promise And Possibility, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Poem N10, Kristian Djordjanov
- Poem N9, Kristian Djordjanov
- Misunderstood, LLDr. Gyd
- Poem N8, Kristian Djordjanov
- Poem N7, Kristian Djordjanov
- Twilight of Love, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan