Lawrence S. Pertillar (February/'47 / Connecticut, USA)
When honesty becomes a commodity,
Or a condiment one feels they should request...
Instead of it being delivered as part of the presentation,
It is suggested not best to select from that menu at all.
Since too much on it implies less effort intended,
Or involved to master what one comes to anticipate.
Although guessing and a lot of it is going to be done.
Is it worth the effort to assume what one receives,
Will be upfront and free of deception?
Or should someone impressed by appearances,
Not expect quality to be address and accept this?
With an acknowledgement that honesty,
For many today is not a preference prioritized to seek.
Poet Other Poems
- ' The Freed of Getting Frisked at Your R...
- $10 a Gallon?
- $5 a Barrel of What?
- (Further Away) From The Year Two Thousan...
- (The) Benefit of Needless Conflict
- (The) Acceptance of a Nothingness
- (The) Bigger Lie
- (The) Depthness of This Kind of Introsp...
- (The) Fate of Fatal Lovers
- (The) Budding Grace of April
- ...and 'now' I lay me down to sleep
- '...I feel like I've been robbed! '
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.