Lawrence S. Pertillar
When honesty becomes a commodity,
Or a condiment one feels they should request...
Instead of it being delivered as part of the presentation,
It is suggested not best to select from that menu at all.
Since too much on it implies less effort intended,
Or involved to master what one comes to anticipate.
Although guessing and a lot of it is going to be done.
Is it worth the effort to assume what one receives,
Will be upfront and free of deception?
Or should someone impressed by appearances,
Not expect quality to be address and accept this?
With an acknowledgement that honesty,
For many today is not a preference prioritized to seek.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Condiment by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- I Am A Robot, You Are A Robot And We Two.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- 42, Angela Khristin Brown
- Heebie-jeebie, lee fones
- Street Urchin, Babatunde Aremu
- Shake Loose my Skin, Angela Khristin Brown
- Street Culture, Angela Khristin Brown
- 1969, Angela Khristin Brown
- Reap & Sow, Angela Khristin Brown
- Save The Girl Child Of India, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Martin Luther King Jr., Angela Khristin Brown