I looked towards the sun one fine day
and felt it shine on my face.
The heat of it penetrated deeply
but it soon fell out of place.
A large cloud covered her
and my face lost the glow.
I stayed waiting for the cloud to move.
I watched from way below.
And in the waiting time I thought
'the sun is waiting too.'
And the cloud must have read our minds
because the sun came shining through.
Now if the cloud can read minds
she knows I don't like shade.
She'll find another path to take
and a compromise will be made.
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Compromise by Edwina Reizer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Dead Veg, Richard Lee
- House of Cards, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Flying Turtles, Richard Lee
- The Guaca-mole, Richard Lee
- Pop goes the Easel, Richard Lee
- Word of mouth from the people of audacio.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- House Spiders, Judith Vollmer
- Divine Bird, Somanathan Iyer
- Concerns of a happy man, Chisomo Chris Nasiyaya
- Two Debates, Naveed Akram