A Colourful Parrot
As I stepped outside of my door, I saw a parrot
It was a colourful parrot, which smiled
Looked, a bit unique as it was different though very colourful
Had a smiling face, as if it was greeting me
Then, I smiled too, while looking at it
Said, how are you to it?
It did not utter any words, though kept on smiling
However, I understood the meaning of its smile
As it was a sign of welcoming me.
Makes me feel glad, since such a colourful bird, took the time to look at me with a concerning smile
A little bit of sincere concern, blend with a smile, can make your day, a good one.
Rohit Sapra's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Colourful Parrot by Rohit Sapra )
Did you read them?
- She Knew it was Irrational, Jacqueline Nash
- .....? ...? ..... Traveling To Meet A Mi.., Is It Poetry
- pass the offering plate, Mandolyn ...
- If Your Reflection Could Kill, Russell Nero
- The blues, blaz zigon
- Feminine Beauty, chanchal gupta
- Alone again, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- [Challenge] Entrees for September (Disqu.., Brian Johnston
- Indulgences, Jayatissa Liyanage
- From The Balcony, Heather Burns
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)