Joseph T. Renaldi
A Coal Region Town
Once on this land, many years ago,
Immigrants resolved to build their home.
They labored hard and long in the mines,
And to develop a town near the rising culm.
The town was built in an open space
Where one could see the setting sun's glow.
Across the region, this productive town
Was called Saint Clair, as we know.
The town became a coal and railroad center,
And its reputation scattered far and wide.
Here folks lived and worked who loved
Their hometown and quiet countryside.
Visitors were greeted with outstretched hands,
And wide smiles upon their faces,
Where hospitality and kindness seemed to blend
More than other places.
Where the sound of vehicles seemed to be lighter
As they passed by on the nearby street,
And eyes sparkled like heavenly stars
When they had a chance to meet.
The sky seemed to be a little clearer,
And the grass always seemed to be green,
Where civic pride appeared to be greater
Than anywhere I've been.
The summer storms seemed less severe
As the rains came tumbling down
Upon the roofs, trees, and sidewalks
Of Saint Clair - a proud Coal Region town.
Joseph T. Renaldi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Coal Region Town by Joseph T. Renaldi )
- THOUSAND MOONS, Satish Verma
- Where Larkspur Have The Purple Winds Gat.., mary douglas
- Rising For Another Day, Michael McParland
- The head, gajanan mishra
- Tobacco use, hasmukh amathalal
- Mystery of love, Chiazo Egbukwu
- Complete homes, hasmukh amathalal
- Landfill, Phil Soar
- W-a-t-c-h! Fury online movie free full s.., afandi azhaa
- Inadequacy (Depression), Avuyile 'Avue' Maseko
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(22 March 1941 -)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)