A Christmas Wish
A time of year
To think of love and sharing
A time of peace
For the whole world to cherish
A time to be with all your friends and family
And wish them all
A Merry Christmas
Making angles in the snow
or sliding down a hill
roasting chestnuts on the fire
takes away the chill
Candy canes and mistletoe
and grand-ma’s home made pie
Ginger bread and hot co-co
You know it’s Christmas time
Seasons come and seasons pass
but we still remember
the joy we shared on Christmas last
looking forward to next December
Flowers bloom then pumpkins grow
then suddenly it starts to snow.
Then our hearts are young again
You know it’s Christmas time.
On Christmas eve
Santa will soon be coming
with lots of toys
for girls and boys to play with.
To see their eyes sparkle like stars above
is all we need for a Merry Christmas....
So live your life with kindness and love in your heart
and you’ll always have a merry Christmas.
(All rights reserved)
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Christmas Wish by Philippe Brisebois )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- Matilda Who told Lies, and was Burned to.., Hilaire Belloc
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- The role of Kama, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- I Dream of Her, Olufayo Ezekiel
- I realized why we get hurt, Tiyani Shadrack Manganya
- That fatal day to all, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Love Note 10, Michael P. McParland
- Secularism in true sense, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Mark o Connor's ballad of a man from sno.., Juwon Daniel
- you need to know: (, Manauwer Raza
- Solitary song, gajanan mishra
- To Sleep I Go, Michael P. McParland