A Child Walks
A Child Walks
A child walks along black veils covered all his little fingers,
With noise of a child it plays along the hemline of so many
Meadows of his home where he belongs;
But in truth it is them who do not want to you to see
The filthy grime that blankets the Earth;
He'd sit on logs like pulpits listen to the sermon of rights and wrongs
Its starting to be his favorite song how life goes on.
Nothing seams to matter in his little life of the night.
Put your veil back on the man cried out!
But who can help but peek when you hear the sounds of torture?
The screams of suffering and agony that you are told to ignore.
I feel sorry for this little boy;
In his darken hours he found power to say no more of his
Fathers words of pains as he walked away with that look on his face
Find God he cry's out,
His name is Jehovah and he makes way even for a lost child like me.
They are among us the dandelions of thorns.
Lilly Emery's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Child Walks by Lilly Emery )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Mistletoe, Walter de la Mare
Poem of the Day
- take three hour to digest, Havilah
- Before I go…, Mark Heathcote
- The Stuff Myths are Made of, Holly Wotherspoon
- A Winter Poem, Leslie Philibert
- Angry all the time, Kelly Shanks
- nutmeg needs attention, Havilah
- All Creatures ‘Life Matter, Hebert Logerie
- The Highest Weight Bearing Beam, Michael P. McParland
- This Worthless Beast, Michael P. McParland
- Nothing Matters, Michael P. McParland