Joseph T. Renaldi
A Child Should Have A Pet
Every little child should have a pet -
And be responsible for its care and to love,
A dog, a bunny, a parakeet, a pony, a turtle,
Or any other pet not mentioned above.
Sometimes a child views a parent as indifferent
And being overwhelmed each busy day
With their own job and domestic problems -
Having a minimal amount of time for play.
A child is sensitive and curious
And often is anxious to know
that something in the environment
Needs extensive care to live and grow.
So implant in the mind of each child
A determined and a burning wish
For something to love and care for,
Even if it means an aquarium of tropical fish.
Whatever gift you contemplate giving to a child,
Oh parents! Please don't foolishly forget
To make a child's life full and complete -
Encourage a child to own their favorite pet.
Joseph T. Renaldi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Child Should Have A Pet by Joseph T. Renaldi )
- The CPI(M) , The Aim & Motive of It (The.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Rings I Have Worn, Susan Lacovara
- Is The CPI(M) Itself Good And Gentle?, Bijay Kant Dubey
- A daily fun!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Ray of Hope, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- National flag., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Examined, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Trance in the rain, Nassy Fesharaki
- Azal se mauzood hoon..., Azhar Sabri
- Time Chases Me, Neela Nath