Joseph T. Renaldi
A Child Should Have A Pet
Every little child should have a pet -
And be responsible for its care and to love,
A dog, a bunny, a parakeet, a pony, a turtle,
Or any other pet not mentioned above.
Sometimes a child views a parent as indifferent
And being overwhelmed each busy day
With their own job and domestic problems -
Having a minimal amount of time for play.
A child is sensitive and curious
And often is anxious to know
that something in the environment
Needs extensive care to live and grow.
So implant in the mind of each child
A determined and a burning wish
For something to love and care for,
Even if it means an aquarium of tropical fish.
Whatever gift you contemplate giving to a child,
Oh parents! Please don't foolishly forget
To make a child's life full and complete -
Encourage a child to own their favorite pet.
Joseph T. Renaldi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Child Should Have A Pet by Joseph T. Renaldi )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Keep Smiling!, Geetha Jayakumar
- THE LAST SCENE, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Gone, Kareem Sameh
- Muskurathey Raho!, Geetha Jayakumar
- A Few Stars Tonight, Jesus James Llorico
- T. V. Premiere, Sandra Feldman
- Exclusive Few Lines Designed For....., Geetha Jayakumar
- नहीं करेंगे एतबार.. Nahi Karenge, hasmukh amathalal
- Voiceless Prayer, Kate Harrington
- Lines, Kate Harrington