A chair meant to share.
In that mischievous room,
stand a chair meant to share.
Who 's would have said?
My endless days, on her soft contact,
pleasant the skin of mine
I recognized her from a dream that I had.
That girl at my dream door steps.
She looks at me, and says let's share.
Then I wake up next to her
Time pass since forever.
Two different persons, destiny coupled.
She drank me; with her strong soul, she makes me whole,
in my mind, in my heart.
And now we have a child, compensation that fills,
our love and makes it strong.
Mildness of caress, whispering in my heart.
' She is your lover; she is your friend,
' She is my wife; she is my whole life'
'To my wife'
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A chair meant to share. by Luca Menin )
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love .., Pablo Neruda
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- remplaçable, Lubinda Lubinda
- Human Nature, Merton Lee
- Those Moments Of Weakness لحظات الضعف هذه, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Money (Cedi), Ghana Green Poetry Foundation
- Off the Rez, Smoky Hoss
- As an emigrant كمهاجر, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Two Little Boats, Ghana Green Poetry Foundation
- The Golden Swan, Ghana Green Poetry Foundation
- As a passer-bye, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Love is Blue, Ghana Green Poetry Foundation