A chair meant to share.
In that mischievous room,
stand a chair meant to share.
Who 's would have said?
My endless days, on her soft contact,
pleasant the skin of mine
I recognized her from a dream that I had.
That girl at my dream door steps.
She looks at me, and says let's share.
Then I wake up next to her
Time pass since forever.
Two different persons, destiny coupled.
She drank me; with her strong soul, she makes me whole,
in my mind, in my heart.
And now we have a child, compensation that fills,
our love and makes it strong.
Mildness of caress, whispering in my heart.
' She is your lover; she is your friend,
' She is my wife; she is my whole life'
'To my wife'
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A chair meant to share. by Luca Menin )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
Poem of the Day
- Peace#01, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- hav em kill - BIG Chief di$bEliEf, sEaN nOrTh
- We Ate Beans., Tony Adah
- Letting Go, favour ugwumba
- Paw, saw, raw, law!, Edward Kofi Louis
- नोँखौ मोजां मोन्नायल' नङा, Ronjoy Brahma
- - Μαέστρος, Giorgio A. V.
- Μαέστρος, Giorgio A. V.
- Culprits!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Beautiful Woman II, Edward Kofi Louis