A Capital Idea
Money honey...that's what I want...
In this age of buying and selling,
Is there something, they're not telling?
What does it cost them to sell?
Much less than what we pay,
(so why should they tell?)
There would surely be a riot then,
If we knew just what they spend.
We'd all be up in arms and yelling,
What they are keeping secret and not telling.
The only trouble with profit is greed,
as it satisfies no normal need;
It's a road paved with bad intentions,
No more health plans, no more pensions.
We've nothing further more to gain,
We've known all along where troubles lain;
We're on a non-stop, hell-bound train,
We're in a whirlpool, going down that drain.
For what? Big bucks and corporation,
All for the profit of one small nation;
A nation of the powerful and few,
Someday they crash...just like me and you.
david lessard's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Capital Idea by david lessard )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Naveed Khalid
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Sir Walter Scott
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Exposure, Wilfred Owen
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Ring Out , Wild Bells, Alfred Lord Tennyson
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- The unknown face, vinit ghosh
- Kiss Me Bye, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Lust, Love, Hate, Pain, freya busby
- ruff draft.., Leila Hadi
- On Repeat, Leila Hadi
- Ammunition for the Cause, Leila Hadi
- my high school poetry, Leila Hadi
- westnile, Leila Hadi
- With colors, gajanan mishra
- OBITUARY TO INNOCENTS (KILLED SCHOOL CHI.., shuvo chakraborty