A Capital Idea
Money honey...that's what I want...
In this age of buying and selling,
Is there something, they're not telling?
What does it cost them to sell?
Much less than what we pay,
(so why should they tell?)
There would surely be a riot then,
If we knew just what they spend.
We'd all be up in arms and yelling,
What they are keeping secret and not telling.
The only trouble with profit is greed,
as it satisfies no normal need;
It's a road paved with bad intentions,
No more health plans, no more pensions.
We've nothing further more to gain,
We've known all along where troubles lain;
We're on a non-stop, hell-bound train,
We're in a whirlpool, going down that drain.
For what? Big bucks and corporation,
All for the profit of one small nation;
A nation of the powerful and few,
Someday they crash...just like me and you.
david lessard's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Capital Idea by david lessard )
- Benefit Of Intellect, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Symbol Of Freedom, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Keeping Done A Decadence, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Writing Into Existence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Reap & Sow, Angela K Brown
- Street Culture, Angela K Brown
- James Brown, Angela K Brown
- Spell, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- All of Me, Angela K Brown
- White water-lily, Mark Heathcote
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)