A CANADIAN TEA PARTY
We need control of our Ottawa politicians somehow,
Maybe a tea party or something that we ourselves allow,
We need binding referendums soon but how do we get them?
Trudeau’s Charter didn’t help and the media will condemn.
We need political recall of useless politicians,
I realize that this is contrary to elitist traditions,
We need compulsory voting to get us all out to vote,
They will delay everything and say that they’ll take a note.
And make Trudeau’s Charter of Rights for Canadians alone,
Not for all refugees in the world from every combat zone,
We need set-date elections for sure every four or five years,
Not when they feel inclined because of political party fears.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A CANADIAN TEA PARTY by James Bredin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- selah, don't say la la la..., Mandolyn ...
- Ego Rulers Built Massive Monuments, Terence G. Craddock
- Capitalistic Perceived Important People, Terence G. Craddock
- here's an itty bitty bite, Mandolyn ...
- Remember Me (Dedicated 2 those that have.., Enyinwa Okechukwu Enyinwa
- school lunch woes and whoa it's healthy!, Mandolyn ...
- lack of caffeine means this, Mandolyn ...
- Happy Birthday Son, Rowina M Mallick
- Why Do Turtles Cross The Road?, Darlene Walsh
- Distress, Nick Kler