Joseph T. Renaldi
A Call For World Peace
The church bells are ringing incessantly
Alerting earthlings to join the pilgrimage to pray
Across the sea, mountains and desert wastes,
With peaceful nations and those who went astray.
Oh! glorious church bells throughout the world,
Ring, ring, ring your tidings of everlasting peace,
Proclaim the destiny and imminent end of humankind,
If hatred and hostilities among nations don't cease.
The splendid, angelic chorus in the realm of heaven
Will in unison join the church bells in a peaceful song,
And the Supreme Maker will look down in silent awe,
Upon the massive gathering of a peace seeking throng.
Peace is the objective, as the Supreme Maker smiles,
And the angels prepare graciously to stand aside
To observe all the earthlings worship and pray freely,
Where peace and love should always abide.
Joseph T. Renaldi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Call For World Peace by Joseph T. Renaldi )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Yesterday's Emotions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Someone's History, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- On a Love Train, Tosin Abegunde
- A Happy Song, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The silent sufferer, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- A Desert Oasis, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I COUNT FROM ONE TO TWENTY EASILY, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Velvet Moon, Lilly Emery
- Recognizing Tempos, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sometimes an hour, Pradip Chattopadhyay