A Buddha's Last Prayer
may every breath i breathe,
help relieve the suffering
of the many...
may every step i take,
be on the path of truth.
may my eyes see myself
in all living beings,
may my heart do the work
that compassion demands.
may i feel every tear,
every hurt, every need.
may i touch with sacred hands.
may my body be a bridge,
and my spirit healing ointment.
may my words fall like rain
on the desert of need.
may i give without hesitation,
and without expectation.
may i grasp the hand that needs help,
and let go of all else.
may my life be both prayer,
and the much needed answer.
may my identity be both lost
and found in all living beings!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Buddha's Last Prayer by Eric Cockrell )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(2 November 1994)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Poem of the Day
- A Thought A Head, Ima Ryma
- **कधी कधी **, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- ** सागं ना 2 **, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- ** अबोल भावना मनातल्या **, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- I am Not Alone, Sandra Feldman
- When the flower withers, Leong Ming Loong
- चादंण रात, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- The Scheme, Tony Adah
- The Worry, Leong Ming Loong
- जो अब तन्हा ही निकला तो, ज़माना साथ चलता है, Abhishek Omprakash Mishra