One thought is perfect in the brain,
We see its blood in a special way,
Its blood is good, very special.
We swerve our blood through the vessels,
And the capillaries, dooming them
As they descend and make us maybe bleed.
The brain is surely housing a diamond,
Rich and hard, the diamond is best.
We swap and learn different thoughts.
Surely the brain works certain wonders,
Like the beating of the blood
And the thinking of our sons.
Naveed Akram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Brain by Naveed Akram )
- समनि बान्दो, Ronjoy Brahma
- Last Visit To My Friend, Joyce wolayo
- MEP interrogation, Over The Moon
- Whole, Abyssinian Queen
- मेगनआव, Ronjoy Brahma
- ‘Tis permitted Us Nay, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Dilapidated house, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The violin plays, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The palaces of the skies, Emmanuel George Cefai
- There was a buzz at night, Emmanuel George Cefai
Poem of the Day
Robert Laurence Binyon
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Hans Christian Andersen
(2 April 1805 – 4 August 1875)
(21 May 1855 – 27 November 1916)