John Thorkild Ellison
A Boy Forever
In every man there lives a boy
That adult thoughts cannot destroy,
It doesn't matter what you do
That boy will live in spite of you!
You think your adult mind is clever
But the boy in you will never ever
Submit to all your serious ways,
He thinks you're going through a phase.
He knows one day you will admit
Your wisdom was a little bit
Mistaken, and though he's just a boy
There's so much more you can enjoy.
This boy is innocent and young
And there is laughter on his tongue,
You've been too serious by far
So hurry to the nearest bar.
You really need to have a drink,
Act as you FEEL, not how you THINK!
Take off your clothes! Let down your hair!
And say goodbye to grim despair!
It's time you showed some gratitude
And lost your 'grown-up' attitude,
You'll only ever find the 'Truth'
In the sacred 'Folly' of your youth! !
John Thorkild Ellison's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Boy Forever by John Thorkild Ellison )
- 74, Naveed Khalid
- Femme Fatale, Naveed Khalid
- LIFE IS CLOUDY, BUT THERE WILL BE NO RAINS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Qytetit tim, skender iljaz braka
- While my eyes delight at you, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Celestial String of Pearls, Harley White
- Feeling, Anne Rub.
- Lost amid his Laughter, Aftab Alam
- DIFFERENT VOICES AND SOUNDS ANYTIME AND .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- COPLA 93 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan