A Bomb Site Of Broken Friends
Friendships change like the flows of a river
consuming elegant banks
Some last a lifetime.
Some fly past in five minutes
In a moment of panicky crisis
Or a glimpse at what might have,
if you had just grabbed.
friendships are never what you expect.
Most expect too much
some expect very little.
Friendships can be silent for years,
then come alive with the cacophony of a Blue whale breaching
where only the swallows cast an ear
Other friendships crumble like the chimneys
and the coal mines of a long gone age.
Leaving only rubble and shrapnel to sift through.
In a bomb site of broken friends.
Sifting you acquire a filthy broken dolls head
It reminds you of a childhood
when futures were eternal
and friends were too.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Bomb Site Of Broken Friends by Dutch Rukowski )
- I Have Fallen In Deep, Lilly Emery
- Bramblehash, Luke J. Holt
- A Bare Night, Tony Adah
- That Special Feeling, Bill Cantrell
- The Pit Among Dreams, Lilly Emery
- Vietnam ~ Part 2, Sara Fielder
- Time, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- The Search For Peace, david kush
- Without It Questioned, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Bane of Attraction, Anthony Edmond John