A BOLD STEP TO GOLGOTHA
Some steps on water was theirs to confess light.
While devouring was the earth and air, theirs to swallow.
But shortly trodden by dint of it,
a dark carpet-fog.
Craved by dint of treason and treasure heat.
Then a step was engaged to approach treason.
Soon to seed in reproach of him.
Where steps after steps were taken to jacketing.
Since craving for craving was them to tint.
So' a step in a womb; fearless to stay.
With those professed to hail and hate.
O' fearless feet, fearless feet.
A bold step from their fearless feet.
Then a Bold step to Golgotha, stamped him down.
Subtracted to a dwarf, almighty man.
Whereby Calvary not his height.
Given to Vinegar, scribes and sinners
and elevated to sky; there to stand.
Drafted with tree's, blood-staring stars.
And all the witnesses hugging the ground.
What a step!
O' what a step! !
what a step that took him to hell.
To torments and distress, disgrace and delay.
Whose tournament was weak, so weak to detect.
But another step was taken.
Another step was taken, wailing to victory.
With the wrestling of the enemies.
To praises in glory.
By a last step; fearless
to reign on earth.
Ebi Robert's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A BOLD STEP TO GOLGOTHA by Ebi Robert )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Jena Crowe, you Should get a job at Wal-.., Mandolyn ...
- What has The CPI(M) Done People Know It.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Communists Are Not At All The Good Men, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Pleading to God?, Dr John Celes
- Restricted!, Geetha Jayakumar
- Seemith!, Geetha Jayakumar
- Fashion Girls, Bijay Kant Dubey
- How Suicide Works 3, C Jay Caputo
- Under The Moonlit Nights, I Think of Kis.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Poet Is A Liar, A Great Liar, You Ma.., Bijay Kant Dubey