A BOLD STEP TO GOLGOTHA
Some steps on water was theirs to confess light.
While devouring was the earth and air, theirs to swallow.
But shortly trodden by dint of it,
a dark carpet-fog.
Craved by dint of treason and treasure heat.
Then a step was engaged to approach treason.
Soon to seed in reproach of him.
Where steps after steps were taken to jacketing.
Since craving for craving was them to tint.
So' a step in a womb; fearless to stay.
With those professed to hail and hate.
O' fearless feet, fearless feet.
A bold step from their fearless feet.
Then a Bold step to Golgotha, stamped him down.
Subtracted to a dwarf, almighty man.
Whereby Calvary not his height.
Given to Vinegar, scribes and sinners
and elevated to sky; there to stand.
Drafted with tree's, blood-staring stars.
And all the witnesses hugging the ground.
What a step!
O' what a step! !
what a step that took him to hell.
To torments and distress, disgrace and delay.
Whose tournament was weak, so weak to detect.
But another step was taken.
Another step was taken, wailing to victory.
With the wrestling of the enemies.
To praises in glory.
By a last step; fearless
to reign on earth.
Ebi Robert's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A BOLD STEP TO GOLGOTHA by Ebi Robert )
- under developed.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Escape, Sandra Feldman
- MUSIC OFF THE WALL! ! !, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- Expander, Kim Barney
- I believe you never will be too late, Trong Phan
- Angel's fear, gulsher JOHN
- when i loved you and you loved her and s.., Mandolyn ...
- LOve is replaced, hasmukh amathalal
- The lonely wolf, denise nixon
- He Sleeps Too Much, Jena Crowe
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(November 9 - 1937)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)