A BOLD STEP TO GOLGOTHA
Some steps on water was theirs to confess light.
While devouring was the earth and air, theirs to swallow.
But shortly trodden by dint of it,
a dark carpet-fog.
Craved by dint of treason and treasure heat.
Then a step was engaged to approach treason.
Soon to seed in reproach of him.
Where steps after steps were taken to jacketing.
Since craving for craving was them to tint.
So' a step in a womb; fearless to stay.
With those professed to hail and hate.
O' fearless feet, fearless feet.
A bold step from their fearless feet.
Then a Bold step to Golgotha, stamped him down.
Subtracted to a dwarf, almighty man.
Whereby Calvary not his height.
Given to Vinegar, scribes and sinners
and elevated to sky; there to stand.
Drafted with tree's, blood-staring stars.
And all the witnesses hugging the ground.
What a step!
O' what a step! !
what a step that took him to hell.
To torments and distress, disgrace and delay.
Whose tournament was weak, so weak to detect.
But another step was taken.
Another step was taken, wailing to victory.
With the wrestling of the enemies.
To praises in glory.
By a last step; fearless
to reign on earth.
Ebi Robert's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A BOLD STEP TO GOLGOTHA by Ebi Robert )
- Blissful Atmosphere, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Going beyond death, see me, gajanan mishra
- Total Anticipation, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- opganda.com ≡오피뷰≡ 허니버터칩 '수원휴게텔대박'…'동탄휴게텔.., bkgfkvbkgfkv bkgfkv
- opganda.com ≡오피뷰≡ 허니버터칩 '강남오피대박'…'동탄휴게텔'.., bkgfkvbkgfkv bkgfkv
- Being with you means a lot!, Sumita Jetley
- Writing What I Mean, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- OPGANDA.COM≡오피뷰≡ 허니버터칩 '강남휴게텔대박'…'동탄휴게텔'.., bkgfkvbkgfkv bkgfkv
- On being Right, John F. McCullagh
- Popping Ideas, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(22 March 1941 -)