A BLUE MOON... NOV 23RD,2012
A BLUE MOON... Nov 23rd,2012
How much time have I left between now and the time that I die?
How and when will I know for sure and when can I say goodbye?
If I could arrange the date and time of my death; that would be cool,
Unfortunately I can't, and they wont say why and treat me like a fool.
Because death-with-dignity is banned in this great land,
And our distant Ottawa aristocrats think this is grand,
They have it in Switzerland and Oregon and other places,
But they tell us; we can't have it, right to our faces.
And our politicians will not discuss it because they will never die,
Is this what they think or is this what they've been told; and why?
Someone somewhere should have an answer for this problem soon,
Why do we have to wait forever like waiting for a blue moon?
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A BLUE MOON... NOV 23RD,2012 by James Bredin )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(22 March 1941 -)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Love After Love, Derek Walcott
Poem of the Day
- Four Leaf Clover, Eve White
- Eric Gone Postal, Eve White
- Half-Breed or Racist, Eve White
- (Rock ballad) Hold on and letting go, Putri Misnia Shary Bahri (Sh ..
- Road Kill, Liilia Talts Morrison
- Plum Pudding Much Needed, Vera Sidhwa
- The River, bryan wallace
- Strides, Vera Sidhwa
- The Snowdrop, bryan wallace
- Overload, bryan wallace