A BLUE MOON... NOV 23RD,2012
A BLUE MOON... Nov 23rd,2012
How much time have I left between now and the time that I die?
How and when will I know for sure and when can I say goodbye?
If I could arrange the date and time of my death; that would be cool,
Unfortunately I can't, and they wont say why and treat me like a fool.
Because death-with-dignity is banned in this great land,
And our distant Ottawa aristocrats think this is grand,
They have it in Switzerland and Oregon and other places,
But they tell us; we can't have it, right to our faces.
And our politicians will not discuss it because they will never die,
Is this what they think or is this what they've been told; and why?
Someone somewhere should have an answer for this problem soon,
Why do we have to wait forever like waiting for a blue moon?
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A BLUE MOON... NOV 23RD,2012 by James Bredin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Pussy cat, gajanan mishra
- Geweldskoorts, Madrason writer
- Sine Curve, Hardik Vaidya
- Alone in the Winepress, Terrance Tracy
- I Am Human, Marites C. Cayetano
- Is Isolation, Rohit Sapra
- I wouldn't ask more, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Let It Be Fatal, Deanna Lee
- A Blue Christmas Tree, Heather Burns
- Mother, and mother, gajanan mishra