A Bloom of Poesy to dear Kamakshi
Respected, dear Madam KAMAKSHI,
This day as you voluntarily retire
From our esteemed Coach Factory,
As an officer from a coveted tier,
This ever-fresh bloom of poesy,
With heart-felt love is strung,
And is proffered very truly,
With ardent prayers sung.
A kind and affable sister,
To her colleagues here;
Her unflinching help she'd administer,
To wipe out many a tear!
With her intelligence wound,
She has crossed many a cadre;
To her duty ever bound,
She has climbed the ladder.
But from her career, bright
She has chosen to take wings;
To enjoy the wonderful twilight,
Which Life's evening brings.
Remember we will, till rest,
Is the assurance clear;
Forget-us-not is the request,
From your colleagues dear.
With fond love flowing,
From two sons—so proud;
The couple would be glowing,
With their children, beloved.
Muses' blessings to you,
To sing with a sweet voice;
Has be-got a daughter-in-law too—
A darling of a choice.
May the grand-child pin
Together your affections—all
And may you and your kin
With God's Blessings enthrall.
chandra thiagarajan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Bloom of Poesy to dear Kamakshi by chandra thiagarajan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- ....and then an empty morning sky, RIC S. BASTASA
- Magnitude Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- At present, hasmukh amathalal
- and then the night swallows her includin.., RIC S. BASTASA
- Cupid Pari, binod bastola
- my eye has a patch on the inside, Mandolyn ...
- Final Moment, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- to always be the self amidst these cacop.., RIC S. BASTASA
- what should be forgotten next, RIC S. BASTASA
- feelings creep like vines on a trellis, RIC S. BASTASA