A Bloom of Poesy to dear Kamakshi
Respected, dear Madam KAMAKSHI,
This day as you voluntarily retire
From our esteemed Coach Factory,
As an officer from a coveted tier,
This ever-fresh bloom of poesy,
With heart-felt love is strung,
And is proffered very truly,
With ardent prayers sung.
A kind and affable sister,
To her colleagues here;
Her unflinching help she'd administer,
To wipe out many a tear!
With her intelligence wound,
She has crossed many a cadre;
To her duty ever bound,
She has climbed the ladder.
But from her career, bright
She has chosen to take wings;
To enjoy the wonderful twilight,
Which Life's evening brings.
Remember we will, till rest,
Is the assurance clear;
Forget-us-not is the request,
From your colleagues dear.
With fond love flowing,
From two sons—so proud;
The couple would be glowing,
With their children, beloved.
Muses' blessings to you,
To sing with a sweet voice;
Has be-got a daughter-in-law too—
A darling of a choice.
May the grand-child pin
Together your affections—all
And may you and your kin
With God's Blessings enthrall.
chandra thiagarajan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Bloom of Poesy to dear Kamakshi by chandra thiagarajan )
- Mystical Understanding, Naveed Akram
- Who will save me, Mustapha Muinah
- The Nigerian Politician, Joseph Ogbonna
- The lonely sun..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Textman, Naveed Khalid
- सिरि मोनथाम, Ronjoy Brahma
- Mother-land I weep for thee, Joseph Ogbonna
- Mother Teresa and I, SANDIP GOSWAMI
- Still Here, silenced work
- A Village Girl, Naveed Khalid
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Mid-Term Break, Seamus Heaney
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Night Thought, William Wordsworth
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
(1886 - 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)