A Bloom of Poesy to dear Kamakshi
Respected, dear Madam KAMAKSHI,
This day as you voluntarily retire
From our esteemed Coach Factory,
As an officer from a coveted tier,
This ever-fresh bloom of poesy,
With heart-felt love is strung,
And is proffered very truly,
With ardent prayers sung.
A kind and affable sister,
To her colleagues here;
Her unflinching help she'd administer,
To wipe out many a tear!
With her intelligence wound,
She has crossed many a cadre;
To her duty ever bound,
She has climbed the ladder.
But from her career, bright
She has chosen to take wings;
To enjoy the wonderful twilight,
Which Life's evening brings.
Remember we will, till rest,
Is the assurance clear;
Forget-us-not is the request,
From your colleagues dear.
With fond love flowing,
From two sons—so proud;
The couple would be glowing,
With their children, beloved.
Muses' blessings to you,
To sing with a sweet voice;
Has be-got a daughter-in-law too—
A darling of a choice.
May the grand-child pin
Together your affections—all
And may you and your kin
With God's Blessings enthrall.
chandra thiagarajan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Bloom of Poesy to dear Kamakshi by chandra thiagarajan )
- What A Wondrous Thing, Joshua Chuhran
- Falling Doves, Joshua Chuhran
- The Simple Life, Nate Morris
- To touch a star is to be touch by the st.., Raymond Sawyer
- A Prayer For Self Identity, Maurice Harris
- throwing sticks at the stars, Mandolyn ...
- For the Love of Poetry, Sandra Feldman
- The stars that whisper the name Star Buc.., Raymond Sawyer
- The Universe Of True Love, Poetic Lilly Emery
- A Halloween Haiku, Thomas Koron
Poem of the Day
- How to Write the Great American Indian N.., Sherman Alexie
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(15 September 1889 – 22 May 1948)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)