A Bloom of Poesy to dear Kamakshi
Respected, dear Madam KAMAKSHI,
This day as you voluntarily retire
From our esteemed Coach Factory,
As an officer from a coveted tier,
This ever-fresh bloom of poesy,
With heart-felt love is strung,
And is proffered very truly,
With ardent prayers sung.
A kind and affable sister,
To her colleagues here;
Her unflinching help she'd administer,
To wipe out many a tear!
With her intelligence wound,
She has crossed many a cadre;
To her duty ever bound,
She has climbed the ladder.
But from her career, bright
She has chosen to take wings;
To enjoy the wonderful twilight,
Which Life's evening brings.
Remember we will, till rest,
Is the assurance clear;
Forget-us-not is the request,
From your colleagues dear.
With fond love flowing,
From two sons—so proud;
The couple would be glowing,
With their children, beloved.
Muses' blessings to you,
To sing with a sweet voice;
Has be-got a daughter-in-law too—
A darling of a choice.
May the grand-child pin
Together your affections—all
And may you and your kin
With God's Blessings enthrall.
chandra thiagarajan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Bloom of Poesy to dear Kamakshi by chandra thiagarajan )
- Deep Water, The Princess
- All Things Nice, Tania Montgomery
- Love is a Sad and Sorry Chameleon, Hebert Logerie
- Love Thru Poetic Passion, Sandra Feldman
- The Ocean's Gates, Brandt Nightingale
- Tribute to the King, Tania Montgomery
- Abyss, Donald R Charon
- Ode to the Busker, Tania Montgomery
- I have forgotten who I am, gajanan mishra
- Love is a liquid ~~~ vs.56, Mr. Nobody Nothing
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Eldorado, Edgar Allan Poe
- A New Day, Electric Lady
- Evening Star, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Ralph Waldo Emerson
(1803 - 1882)
- Heather Burns