Adam M. Snow
A Blood Moon Night
Tonight I watched in awe,
the moon once pure and white.
Obeying the nighttime law;
lighting the sky so bright.
The stars, the moon in sync,
dancing their worries away.
The end can happen in a blink;
a sudden halt would not sway.
Darker the night grew -
and darker the moon dost shine.
I stood there in awe, in view,
- a bloodish sublime.
The proud moon once danced so free,
now cowaring behind a blood red veil.
I stood there in awe to see,
the world halt with a quail.
The moon eclipsed in a taint of dark red;
I stood there in awe in yonder.
'Is not the moon dead?
What of this? ' I ponder.
Hours pass feeling like eternity,
watching the blood moon night pass.
Returning the world back to modernity,
knowing this isn't the last.
The moon is pure and white once more.
Don't succumb to joy just yet.
Again it'll happen, I swore -
three more nights, a blood moon to fret.
Adam M. Snow's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Blood Moon Night by Adam M. Snow )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
- for Gaji, douglas scotney
- the way of men, Great Emeritus
- βέƦẙḽ Dṏṽ's Jumpstarting Creativity: Les.., Beryl Dov
- It is all air, gajanan mishra
- For everything there's a rhyme and a rea.., Larry Pressnell
- Robo-Driver, douglas scotney
- Life of butterfly, gajanan mishra
- So many waters, gajanan mishra
- Mary-Lou and Warburton Mountain, douglas scotney
- HAIKU 2, Cheryl Griffith