A.Blok, To Vyacheslav Ivanov - Translation (Rus.)
There was a violin's woe during a ball.
Breathing with wine and blood,
The rebellion awful soul
Was dictating a fate to us.
From the alien countries, distant lands,
Merging in our snow fire-bed,
In the circle of the dark-eyed madmen
You raised as a gold head.
Somewhat crooked, not young, nor old,
You're - the secret forces' emanation,
And how many a souls' deserted cold
You'd pierced with your cold breath!
There was a moment - the unbeknown power,
Tearing with an elation your breast,
Stunned with a silver ringing over
Dazzled with a whipping snow,
With a bliss vitiated your way!
And in that moment, in a glaring blizzard,
I don't know - in what country,
I don't know - in what circle, rather,
Your strange face appeared to me...
And I, being wild and shy earlier
Of your penetrative eyes,
Looked at... And our souls sung joyly
The same verse at one time.
But blizzard stopped up to these days.
As a bitter fold all that years
Are laying on my heart. As a friend
I can't you see now, regrettably.
As in our youth, I'm not veiled
With the hex of your bottomless soul...
But sometimes, as earlier, I'm aware
Of the nightingale's song in your boondocks...
And much a mistery, many a song,
Many a face of the beauty...
Your world is really marvellous!
Yes, you are - the tzar autocratical!
And I - so sad, poor, hard-boiled,
Having met the dawn at morning,
Am staying on the criss-cross of road,
Looking at your tzar train, by going.
18 april 1912
Lyudmila Purgina's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A.Blok, To Vyacheslav Ivanov - Translation (Rus.) by Lyudmila Purgina )
- Honour Killing, Whose Honour, Where's Ho.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Seminar Activity, Bijay Kant Dubey
- A Story of a thousand Hopes, clawdea benat
- gLoW hideing OfF iN2 thE sUnsEt, sEaN nOrTh
- Absence, Ibrahim Nasrallah
- Funeral, Ibrahim Nasrallah
- I am complete in your arms.., Manish Guru
- She, Akhtar Jawad
- Lunch, anthony henriques
- A thoughtless god, Solomon Marshall
Poem of the Day
- November, Thomas Hood
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Would Live In Your Love, Sara Teasdale
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Flower of Love, Oscar Wilde
- A Psalm of Life, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)