A blast of behaviour ripped the muscles,
My machines are best with angels;
It is fire, where the fire burns after,
Only in hours do reasons lift glamour.
My laughter dealt with fear and hatred,
Hidden were the giggles and smiles aborted.
Fire smelt like smoke as distinct lines
Formed in front of the mirror as signs.
What explosion is this, in the sight of my eyes?
Hatred is best in taste over heat to agonize.
My worry is the same as mouthing the deep meaning
Accompanying laughter, helping smiling and abandoning.
Naveed Akram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Blast by Naveed Akram )
- Prologued (An Oration) XLIV, Sadiqullah Khan
- The Launch XLV, Sadiqullah Khan
- Hashtnagar (Eight Cities) XLVI, Sadiqullah Khan
- Drunk on You XLVII, Sadiqullah Khan
- Inevitable XLVIII, Sadiqullah Khan
- I respect, hasmukh amathalal
- Good deed, Suresh Dogra
- Problems, maria sudibyo
- Free!, maria sudibyo
- Angst, maria sudibyo
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Conclusion, Sir Walter Raleigh
- Red face, Emmanuel George Cefai
(c. 600 BCE)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)