A Bit of Past Lost (Tribute to Phil Everly)
A bit of my past was lost today
with the sad demise of a hero.
As I grew up their music
filtered in and out of my life.
We sang and danced to their songs
in the golden age of Rock ‘n’ Roll.
No more their harmonies
will ever grace our stages,
but their music will live on
stirrings our memories
whenever we hear their songs
and transporting us back
to the happy days of our youth.
Rest in Peace now Phil
and thanks for the joy
you and Don brought to us through the years.
4 January 2014
David Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Bit of Past Lost (Tribute to Phil Everly) by David Harris )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Critically Evaluating…Lois Lerner's 'Tru.., James B. Earley
- My wondrous dream, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Hues of Green, Joy Cordwell
- FOR ALL BELIEVERS, Tom Zart
- Sibling Oath, Frederick J.B. Moore II
- one hundred and twenty two miles, days, .., Mandolyn ...
- Godwin's Farm, Naveed Khalid
- The Neighbor Prayer, Frederick J.B. Moore II
- Diplomacy, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Comet, Naveed Khalid