A Bit of Past Lost (Tribute to Phil Everly)
A bit of my past was lost today
with the sad demise of a hero.
As I grew up their music
filtered in and out of my life.
We sang and danced to their songs
in the golden age of Rock ‘n’ Roll.
No more their harmonies
will ever grace our stages,
but their music will live on
stirrings our memories
whenever we hear their songs
and transporting us back
to the happy days of our youth.
Rest in Peace now Phil
and thanks for the joy
you and Don brought to us through the years.
4 January 2014
David Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Bit of Past Lost (Tribute to Phil Everly) by David Harris )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- No Harm, abigail sikwenda
- Never Ex, abigail sikwenda
- Its not my fault, abigail sikwenda
- The Glorious Leader, Chris Zachariou
- Karma says Patience, abigail sikwenda
- Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow, Jayatissa Liyanage
- Now, D.L. Aceves
- *Jacaranda Bloom, C. P. Sharma
- We are free, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Parasite, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta