A Bit Of Happiness
>>Life has cruel twists and turns,
But somewhere along the road,
We all find a bit of happiness.
I did and I'm supposing you did too.
I know at the time that didn't seem possible,
I never thought it possible,
You crying in the rain, me walking away,
Cruel destiny standing between us, pushing us apart.
You found someone else, and so did I,
You found a bit of happiness I'm sure.
And somewhere along Life's road, so did I.
Nothing is perfect in this imperfect world.
Yet nobody leads a perfect life,
Though there are those that aspire to that.
But it is left to us, to suffer a bit,
To cry a bit, before we find, a bit, of happiness.
11/3/11 Alton Texas
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Bit Of Happiness by Juan Olivarez )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Death Of A Naturalist, Seamus Heaney
Poem of the Day
- Racquets in Two-More, douglas scotney
- Life is drizzling, Amit Mathur
- Out Of My Head, Anuradha Singh
- Revealing life in Death, Angell Afinowi
- The Jujube Tree And Me, Madathil Nair
- AM HOOKED IN YOUR TRUE LOVE., Changez Ndzai
- Coffee And Cream Chocolates, Michael P. McParland
- Bless You Tonight, Michael P. McParland
- You at the Center, rosalinda flores rosevoc
- Odia Poem- Brukshya Debata, Jitendra seth