A Bit Of Happiness
>>Life has cruel twists and turns,
But somewhere along the road,
We all find a bit of happiness.
I did and I'm supposing you did too.
I know at the time that didn't seem possible,
I never thought it possible,
You crying in the rain, me walking away,
Cruel destiny standing between us, pushing us apart.
You found someone else, and so did I,
You found a bit of happiness I'm sure.
And somewhere along Life's road, so did I.
Nothing is perfect in this imperfect world.
Yet nobody leads a perfect life,
Though there are those that aspire to that.
But it is left to us, to suffer a bit,
To cry a bit, before we find, a bit, of happiness.
11/3/11 Alton Texas
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Bit Of Happiness by Juan Olivarez )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Rain, Joseph Paintsil
- Haiku, Noah Body
- Capitalist List Esteem Apex Peak Cut Down, Terence G. Craddock
- A million sparkling rainbows, Nick Kler
- selah, don't say la la la..., Mandolyn ...
- Ego Rulers Built Massive Monuments, Terence G. Craddock
- Capitalistic Perceived Important People, Terence G. Craddock
- here's an itty bitty bite, Mandolyn ...
- Remember Me (Dedicated 2 those that have.., Enyinwa Okechukwu Enyinwa
- school lunch woes and whoa it's healthy!, Mandolyn ...