A Bit Of Happiness
>>Life has cruel twists and turns,
But somewhere along the road,
We all find a bit of happiness.
I did and I'm supposing you did too.
I know at the time that didn't seem possible,
I never thought it possible,
You crying in the rain, me walking away,
Cruel destiny standing between us, pushing us apart.
You found someone else, and so did I,
You found a bit of happiness I'm sure.
And somewhere along Life's road, so did I.
Nothing is perfect in this imperfect world.
Yet nobody leads a perfect life,
Though there are those that aspire to that.
But it is left to us, to suffer a bit,
To cry a bit, before we find, a bit, of happiness.
11/3/11 Alton Texas
Juan Olivarez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Bit Of Happiness by Juan Olivarez )
- The Truest Love., Achill Ladd
- Points made between waves, Mark Heathcote
- ignus fatuus or sketches of my past?, Mandolyn ...
- Black Wings, Lilly Emery
- United we Stand Divided we fall, Aftab Alam
- Beauty, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Come Home, Richard Provencher
- Like our dream, Aftab Alam
- A puppet in times hand, Aftab Alam
- Nature's arts., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)