A Bit Of A Hack
People praise me for my talent,
but I find it hard to see.
I call myself a bit of a hack
and here are the reasons why.
I write my poetry only once
so what you read
is not embellished or polished,
but just as I wrote it the first time around.
Unlike the real pros
I am just a bit of a hack
and it always surprises me
how well my words are received.
When I get it right
I think it is just a fluke,
that someone could
have done it better than me.
My average writing time
justifies my thinking
five to ten minutes
depending on the length,
on long poems I may take
up to a half an hour,
but mostly it is only five minutes no more.
I think I am just a bit of a hack
with not much talent at all,
though some may dispute it,
but that is how I perceive myself to be.
12 October 2013
David Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Bit Of A Hack by David Harris )
Did you read them?
- The Forsaken Tradition, ALEX OGOH
- The different images in life, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- India To Vow, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- A Touch of Fall, Rhonda Trull
- AMISS, Gina Borrebach
- Geleefd, geliefd, verzonken, Madrason writer
- That coming Fall, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Set of Compromises, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- A Fundamental Fruit Of The Soul, Romella Kitchens
- Facebook (Haiku), Jesus James Llorico
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- How Attractive Are You, Shaun Shane
- Daffodil, Shaun Shane
- 06 Perpetual Optimism, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- 03 a love who's just like me, Shaun Shane
- what i am, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)