A Birthday Celebration
A joy rings out, throughout,
family, neighbourhood and clan,
'thou art here', born, now,
joy is ours.
No matter sometimes that lifes'
uphill climb like, hardrock scree
and seeming slide. No matter,
the peak that love shows is
there. No matter.
That thread of love,
upon the spindle weaves
a spool of cloth, a garment warm,
knowing that spool and spindle
bring a tapestry of delighted song,
a heart, shaping love, and
being shaped, the garment warms,
with color and delight.
and joy rings out, of happy heart
upon this birthday song.
She is here and happy we,
that she is born,
and happy birthday.
Bernard Kennedy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Birthday Celebration by Bernard Kennedy )
Poem of the Day
- Blackberry-Picking, Seamus Heaney
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Prison Cell, Mahmoud Darwish
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)