A Birthday Celebration
A joy rings out, throughout,
family, neighbourhood and clan,
'thou art here', born, now,
joy is ours.
No matter sometimes that lifes'
uphill climb like, hardrock scree
and seeming slide. No matter,
the peak that love shows is
there. No matter.
That thread of love,
upon the spindle weaves
a spool of cloth, a garment warm,
knowing that spool and spindle
bring a tapestry of delighted song,
a heart, shaping love, and
being shaped, the garment warms,
with color and delight.
and joy rings out, of happy heart
upon this birthday song.
She is here and happy we,
that she is born,
and happy birthday.
Bernard Kennedy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Birthday Celebration by Bernard Kennedy )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
Poem of the Day
- Μαέστρος, Giorgio A. V.
- Culprits!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Beautiful Woman II, Edward Kofi Louis
- Bring Them Up, Edward Kofi Louis
- Argument, Leslie Philibert
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -102, Ronjoy Brahma
- Dammim II, Edward Kofi Louis
- Welsh Patterns in English Tongue, Pamela
- Mysterious Night, Greta Wolzak
- Passing Lives, RoseAnn V. Shawiak