A Better Person
You make me a better person,
you make me hurt worse and worse and
so I'm nicer to others because you're so mean to me
I don't know why that makes sense or why that should be
I guess it's 'cause I care about them as much as you don't care about me
I guess it's 'cause I wouldn't hurt them as much as you hurt me
so take my heart, break it apart and I'll just write more poetry
Maybe I should start a hurting booth, then I'll make some money
people can stand in line to throw darts at my dead body
Why can't you be the one person in the world who has a heart?
Why do you have to take more pieces off of mine?
Why do you have to leave me dead and hurting?
Why do have to leave me feeling worthless?
I guess you're just trying to make me a better person!
Kelly Zion's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Better Person by Kelly Zion )
- Not alone, Cheryl .J Barclay
- May our friendship last forever;, Cheryl .J Barclay
- SPICES OF LIFE, Philo Yan
- Flower & Sickle, Arno Le Roux
- There must be people around., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Love implicit, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Thanksgiving, ramesh rai
- Thanksgiving Day 2014 For Jakie, Shalom Freedman
- Think Alike, Naveed Akram
- The Gods and Heaven.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
Poem of the Day
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(18 November 1939)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)