A Better Person
You make me a better person,
you make me hurt worse and worse and
so I'm nicer to others because you're so mean to me
I don't know why that makes sense or why that should be
I guess it's 'cause I care about them as much as you don't care about me
I guess it's 'cause I wouldn't hurt them as much as you hurt me
so take my heart, break it apart and I'll just write more poetry
Maybe I should start a hurting booth, then I'll make some money
people can stand in line to throw darts at my dead body
Why can't you be the one person in the world who has a heart?
Why do you have to take more pieces off of mine?
Why do you have to leave me dead and hurting?
Why do have to leave me feeling worthless?
I guess you're just trying to make me a better person!
Kelly Zion's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Better Person by Kelly Zion )
- Lay Me Down, Myrtle Thomas
- Dessert Deluge ..... [ 'just' DESSERTS,.., Bri Edwards
- Standard asset, gajanan mishra
- AnyThing In ReTurn, Kewayne Wadley
- If all we know is love, Mark Heathcote
- Remove Yourself From Bitterness, Ronell Warren Alman
- Fornicating In The Bowels Of Unswerving .., Captain Cur
- im not okay, Faith Taylors
- The world is like a worm, Mark Heathcote
- Our shared tear, Julie Shirley
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(c. 600 BCE)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1886 - 1967)