A Better Person
You make me a better person,
you make me hurt worse and worse and
so I'm nicer to others because you're so mean to me
I don't know why that makes sense or why that should be
I guess it's 'cause I care about them as much as you don't care about me
I guess it's 'cause I wouldn't hurt them as much as you hurt me
so take my heart, break it apart and I'll just write more poetry
Maybe I should start a hurting booth, then I'll make some money
people can stand in line to throw darts at my dead body
Why can't you be the one person in the world who has a heart?
Why do you have to take more pieces off of mine?
Why do you have to leave me dead and hurting?
Why do have to leave me feeling worthless?
I guess you're just trying to make me a better person!
Kelly Zion's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Better Person by Kelly Zion )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Love After Love, Derek Walcott
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Back Pockets, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- TENSED ACKNOWLEDEMENT, john chizoba vincent
- The Fly, Phil Soar
- Story Of Loneliness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sea, Phil Soar
- A Prayer For My Love, Michael P. McParland
- Watch UFC 183 Free Online Live Stream: S.., Kala John
- Drumming Senses, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Lips Of Lies, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Floating on Whimsy, Nika McGuin