A Better Life
We all hope for a better life
than the one we lived before.
More happiness and more love
that we can explore
contentment and peace of mind
the things we all search for,
as it is hard to find.
Some days we seem like robots
walking on an endless treadmill.
On other days, our dreams transpire into reality.
Our decisions are always cloaked in darkness,
our thoughts unguided missiles
going this way and that.
We want a better life,
but it is choosing that
that confuses us at times.
If we go down the right road,
how do we know it is right?
We cannot turn back
until we’ve reached the very end.
Always hoping that at the end
a better life is around the bend.
27 May 2008
David Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Better Life by David Harris )
- सूर्य का अवतरण ढूँढते रह गए (Hindi), Rajnish Manga
- Young Man on a Bad Trip, Donal Mahoney
- The Golden Gate, Edward Kofi Louis
- Words - The Heart of Imagination?, Darlene Walsh
- With Your Vocation, Edward Kofi Louis
- Vocation, location!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Descent, Edward Kofi Louis
- Follow The Star, Bakare Oluwagbenga Michael
- Forgive And Let Go, Bakare Oluwagbenga Michael
- Good morning again, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- trash bag, rwetewrt erwtwer
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)