A beggar’s bowl bonanza
This life has a victim and a killer
This life has a preacher and a sinner
This life has a poem a four line stanza
This life has a beggar’s bowl bonanza
That can either really cleanse you
Or poison your soul.
This life has a dark angel
And a desolate windmill…
Where you both grinded
Both day and night!
At opposite ends of the stratosphere
To join wings, in a moment of flight.
This life has a woman giving birth
Claiming this divinity of life is a living hell
Whilst the father beams ear to ear
Holding a stranger near
Who is now dearer than her?
…As if that could ever be.
This life is like a cheap bottle of wine
You want to make ambrosia.
Your very own Nirvana in rapture
But this life has you in a mild despair maligned
I swear, I swear, I swear, this life
It’ll have you going mad I do declare.
But this life has the bare bones
Of a mercurial magic; I swear
I do swear, I swear
When you find a young woman
And like a highwayman you have your way
With her jewels, when she offers her heart the very next day.
Mark Heathcote's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A beggar’s bowl bonanza by Mark Heathcote )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1886 - 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Silent Noon, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Prayers To Lord Murugan, A. K. Ramanujan
Poem of the Day
- Escaping Home, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Enjoying Conversations, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- How Long A Breath of Moment Be...(r), Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Communicating Through Talent, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Moments Of Refreshing Writing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- God., Th@ We N0t, sEaN nOrTh
- only Dfence against a rhythm - Boi, sEaN nOrTh
- Snuggle 2, Michael P. McParland
- ROAD FROM PARIS 1970, Terry Collett
- '' O '', Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR