A Bag Of Seeds
Is the selfless heart not most self consumed?
Selfishly conceited by greater goods'
Dimly lit imperfect passage
To intoxication by self-righteous fervour?
Offering or imposing?
Is thankless prize sweet elusive wine or
Tainted chalice of dubious agenda?
Or do we crave cheap success, but success?
Samaritan or charlatan,
Manipulator or naïve innocent,
Needy, or grace and splendour,
Does decisive drive a difference make,
Or delude a fake pretender?
If change and strength in wisdom rise
Lockstep in wealth we grow,
Bag of seeds a crop does found
But many hands it sews.
Green eyes scrutinize from empty hands
Blind to transparent view
Is so cynical who hauled the sack
Coveting husk bedded buds, dancing
Concealed stalks shadows?
Despised autocrat despicable rat
Or dreamer with a shared vision that
Alarmingly, conceals no untoward, but
To rest in the shade
Of trees we have planted
Sharing fruits we have nurtured
Supping their flesh and juices
Succour for our toiled endeavours
And watch the forest perpetuate;
‘This our true reward?
Danny Draper's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Bag Of Seeds by Danny Draper )
- Could he be right?, Von Kimball Barney
- You Are My Strength, greg paul
- Winters Coming, michael hagwood
- Whats Wrong With Me, jasmine paul
- Empty Skies, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- wholesome girl, Brit Thompson
- An Indian English Poet, His Father Was N.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- On The Way Down, Shalom Freedman
- Beyond Beautiful, greg paul
- Winterchill, Richard Provencher