A Bag Of Seeds
Is the selfless heart not most self consumed?
Selfishly conceited by greater goods'
Dimly lit imperfect passage
To intoxication by self-righteous fervour?
Offering or imposing?
Is thankless prize sweet elusive wine or
Tainted chalice of dubious agenda?
Or do we crave cheap success, but success?
Samaritan or charlatan,
Manipulator or naïve innocent,
Needy, or grace and splendour,
Does decisive drive a difference make,
Or delude a fake pretender?
If change and strength in wisdom rise
Lockstep in wealth we grow,
Bag of seeds a crop does found
But many hands it sews.
Green eyes scrutinize from empty hands
Blind to transparent view
Is so cynical who hauled the sack
Coveting husk bedded buds, dancing
Concealed stalks shadows?
Despised autocrat despicable rat
Or dreamer with a shared vision that
Alarmingly, conceals no untoward, but
To rest in the shade
Of trees we have planted
Sharing fruits we have nurtured
Supping their flesh and juices
Succour for our toiled endeavours
And watch the forest perpetuate;
‘This our true reward?
Danny Draper's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Bag Of Seeds by Danny Draper )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- what do you think, Edgar Stevenson
- Poem: Let Me Touch His Garment, Joseph James Breunig 3rd
- Genre-Free Nights Nine 74, Anne Tardos
- The Masculine Point of View Nine 73, Anne Tardos
- The Outsider, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- You Buy Me Eggs Nine 72, Anne Tardos
- Window, Cigeng Zhang
- The World, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- Cleansing the Sword!, Stanley Collymore
- Emotions, Ruth Manning-Sanders