A Bag Of Seeds
Is the selfless heart not most self consumed?
Selfishly conceited by greater goods'
Dimly lit imperfect passage
To intoxication by self-righteous fervour?
Offering or imposing?
Is thankless prize sweet elusive wine or
Tainted chalice of dubious agenda?
Or do we crave cheap success, but success?
Samaritan or charlatan,
Manipulator or naïve innocent,
Needy, or grace and splendour,
Does decisive drive a difference make,
Or delude a fake pretender?
If change and strength in wisdom rise
Lockstep in wealth we grow,
Bag of seeds a crop does found
But many hands it sews.
Green eyes scrutinize from empty hands
Blind to transparent view
Is so cynical who hauled the sack
Coveting husk bedded buds, dancing
Concealed stalks shadows?
Despised autocrat despicable rat
Or dreamer with a shared vision that
Alarmingly, conceals no untoward, but
To rest in the shade
Of trees we have planted
Sharing fruits we have nurtured
Supping their flesh and juices
Succour for our toiled endeavours
And watch the forest perpetuate;
‘This our true reward?
Danny Draper's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Bag Of Seeds by Danny Draper )
- Crushed Cookies...... [HUMOR; SHORT; re.., Bri Edwards
- Where Did Mommy Go, Stephen Morris Jr
- me sisters dog, lee fones
- On Cold Grey Mountain, John Martinez
- I KNEW LOVE, SHARON YAKOWA
- I'm Still Here, Stephen Morris Jr
- tramp, lee fones
- Leaves On The Grass, Poetic Lilly Emery
- Thought Process, Mitta Xinindlu
- Kind Santa, lee fones
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Oh, the places you'll go!, Adens Kamwi
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- Ode To A Nightingale, John Keats
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)