A Bag Of Seeds
Is the selfless heart not most self consumed?
Selfishly conceited by greater goods'
Dimly lit imperfect passage
To intoxication by self-righteous fervour?
Offering or imposing?
Is thankless prize sweet elusive wine or
Tainted chalice of dubious agenda?
Or do we crave cheap success, but success?
Samaritan or charlatan,
Manipulator or naïve innocent,
Needy, or grace and splendour,
Does decisive drive a difference make,
Or delude a fake pretender?
If change and strength in wisdom rise
Lockstep in wealth we grow,
Bag of seeds a crop does found
But many hands it sews.
Green eyes scrutinize from empty hands
Blind to transparent view
Is so cynical who hauled the sack
Coveting husk bedded buds, dancing
Concealed stalks shadows?
Despised autocrat despicable rat
Or dreamer with a shared vision that
Alarmingly, conceals no untoward, but
To rest in the shade
Of trees we have planted
Sharing fruits we have nurtured
Supping their flesh and juices
Succour for our toiled endeavours
And watch the forest perpetuate;
‘This our true reward?
Danny Draper's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Bag Of Seeds by Danny Draper )
- Love and True love, Tilde Sauffaus
- On - that note, sEaN nOrTh
- In The Quiet Of The Night, Clive Blake
- PH: Nature: Canoeing the Mississippi #8, Brian Johnston
- Old Drunk's Advice to an Anxious Beau, Donal Mahoney
- TWAILE! ! !, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- Mother, Tamara Dunn
- Autumn, Mark Hamilton
- J.Bast, I try your face... - translation.., Lyudmila Purgina
- It's Not Nice To Kill Other People, Is It Poetry
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Heather Burns