A.Akhmatova, And in time, when we did curse.. - translation (rus.)
And in time, when we did curse each other
In the passion, which was heated white,
We were unaware either,
That the earth was little for both us.
And the memory is then tormenting,
That's the torture of the strongest men.
In the night our hearts are learning
How to ask: Oh, where is my friend?
When the choir through the waves of fragrance
Rattles the exulted song too high,
I do see again without doubt
All the same - inevitable eyes.
Lyudmila Purgina's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A.Akhmatova, And in time, when we did curse.. - translation (rus.) by Lyudmila Purgina )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Think Before You Speak, Sandra Feldman
- Gratitude of my mother., Vishal Sharma
- My numb vessals of thoughts, Vishal Sharma
- I Have Decided, Silas Egbowon
- Poets (bilingual), Sandra Feldman
- OUR STREETS شوارعنا, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Cure For Winter Blues, Doris Beaulieu
- Tractor Pulls (Poem), Doris Beaulieu
- What It Would Take, David Whalen
- ASHES IN THE EYES, MOHAMMAD SKATI