Like a leech silence has sucked
all the noises of the night.
A dog does not bark
when he sees a thief
running on the street.
Nobody hears the screams
of a woman being hit
by his drunk husband.
Guilt is absent from nightmares
but when silence
returns to convents
and builds a bridge
between mystics and God,
911 does not stop from ringing,
all day long.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (911 by Noel Sevilla )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- I am for 'Yes'...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- True Love, Kyle Schlicher
- tell the N in your disorder... never mind, Mandolyn ...
- Flowers in wars., Chakshu Arora
- Today The Sun Is Shining, Kyle Schlicher
- THE PRETTY WATER الماء الرائع, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Dandelions In The Spring, Kyle Schlicher
- my chosen life, binod bastola
- Why I'm a Dodge Dart - Haiku, Nvisible 2Luv
- With A Rakhi To Tie The Small Behana Wai.., Bijay Kant Dubey