Like a leech silence has sucked
all the noises of the night.
A dog does not bark
when he sees a thief
running on the street.
Nobody hears the screams
of a woman being hit
by his drunk husband.
Guilt is absent from nightmares
but when silence
returns to convents
and builds a bridge
between mystics and God,
911 does not stop from ringing,
all day long.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (911 by Noel Sevilla )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Eternal Love, Jesus James Llorico
- Butterfly, Tiku akp
- How time flies, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Precipice, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- The Striped Goodness Of The Candy Cane C.., mary douglas
- Where my soul resides like a flightless .., Mark Heathcote
- The Poets Behold From Heaven Their Words.., mary douglas
- The New Life: Fourth Stage for Marie, Daniel Brick
- LOVING, bill costley
- A Prayer For The Unsuspecting, mary douglas