Lawrence S. Pertillar (February/'47 / Connecticut, USA)
It doesn't seem like it...
But I'll be 60 soon!
Of some heartbreak,
And many cheers...
To excite me with many passed moons!
And friends of mine,
Who know I've spent years at '49'
Appear to show they are upset
With those who guess I'm '39'.
Although they wont say
They wish they had a youthful glow,
They grunt from sore joints
Doing their exercises each day!
Getting older for some...
Makes them want to sit down and cry!
Not as long as I can pass,
For a young and 'stunning'...
And I'm so glad no one's around to watch...
How I get 'this' Frankenstein to come alive,
With every limb cracking without a stop!
Especially early in the morning,
When I myself want to run and hide!
But I thank God each day...
Even if I have to hop from side to side!
Poet Other Poems
- ' The Freed of Getting Frisked at Your R...
- $10 a Gallon?
- $5 a Barrel of What?
- (Further Away) From The Year Two Thousan...
- (The) Benefit of Needless Conflict
- (The) Acceptance of a Nothingness
- (The) Bigger Lie
- (The) Depthness of This Kind of Introsp...
- (The) Fate of Fatal Lovers
- (The) Budding Grace of April
- ...and 'now' I lay me down to sleep
- '...I feel like I've been robbed! '
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.