John F. McCullagh
50 Years on
Twelve thirty five
three shots ring out.
The Presidents been hit.
He's dying, no doubt.
A ghost stares down
at the Motorcade.
Another clutches his throat
as lifesblood is splayed.
Their drama plays out
at Dealy Plaza
Without the blood
or the Dura mater.
A great Man murdered,
A vision gone
November twenty Second
Fifty Years on
John F. McCullagh's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (50 Years on by John F. McCullagh )
- The Tears That You Cried, Spiritwind Wood
- Brittany Brit, Eve Carter
- My Saviour, Leong Ming Loong
- The Rain Comes, Shalom Freedman
- Angels Sing Their Sweetest Song, Eve Carter
- The Amateur Writer, Leong Ming Loong
- Devotion, Shabeeh Haider
- someone! !, veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- A Picture of Reindeers, Eve Carter
- Agoraphobia, michael walkerjohn
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- They Ask Me for Verses!, Jose Rizal
- Little Abigail and the Beautiful Pony, Sheldon Allan Silverstein
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(8 August 1884 – 29 January 1933)