David Threadgold www.davidthreadgold.com
.5. Where Do
Where do the rivers come from?
Who decides where they should flow
Where does the sky get rain clouds?
Who decides the sun should glow
Where do the oak trees get their leaves?
Who decides their colours green?
Where does the airline take their routes?
Who decides where they have been
Where do the songbirds get their songs?
Who decides what they should sing
Where do the light bulbs get their spark?
Who decides the phone must ring
Where do the seasons come from?
Who decides how long they last
Where do the winters get their snow?
Who decide when spring has past?
Where do these thoughts all come from?
Who decides the wrong from right?
Where do the sleepless go to rest
Who decides I’ll be up all night?
© 2008 David Threadgold
Rambling Riddles & Rhymes
David Threadgold www.davidthreadgold.com's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (.5. Where Do by David Threadgold www.davidthreadgold.com )
- Part Of Nature, Edward Kofi Louis
- Hope, Khairul Ahsan
- Lawful And Right, Edward Kofi Louis
- 'La Zona 37', Edward Kofi Louis
- Falling Down, Edward Kofi Louis
- FIRST LOVE, Colin Ian Jeffery
- Hidden treasure of her beauty, ademola oluwabusayo
- जिउनि दाइरियाव,2010, Ronjoy Brahma
- not socially inclined, oskar hansen
- Goodwill To Men - Give Us Your Money, Pam Ayres
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)