Edgard Canales P
4 What Its Worth
4 What it's worth...
for all those times
I made you hurt.
I know it means nothing now
but just listen, hear me out...
I apologize for being selfish,
young and dumb
I destroyed our love
and shattered our bond.
When pregnant I made you cry
didn't come home at night,
and even when I told the truth,
Went through so much together
when life was at its worst
we managed to make it better.
On this journey to become a man
I did things I never planned.
I went to jail and
left our relationship on pause,
Got out but was too blind to see
what I had caused.
I knew things were not the same
No more hugs or kisses
Your fed up
And there's only me to blame.
2 kids posing as adults,
to do whats right
is what you thought.
Didn't want to let you go
couldn't believe it
pleaded and argued
through the door.
is what you say
suck it up, pack my bags
I'll be gone today.
Back to my mothers,
thinking of my daughter.
But time has passed on
each of us in search of a
We all grown up now
no more fighting
& getting loud.
We really don't say much
Just a simple hi or was up.
And that's cool
Just wanted you to realize
4 what it's worth...
I really do apologize.
Edgard Canales P's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (4 What Its Worth by Edgard Canales P )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 March 1934 – 31 May 2009)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
George Gordon Byron
(22 January 1788 – 19 April 1824)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(January 30, 1935 – September 14, 1984)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I'm Explaining a Few Things, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- The resting place, Emmanuel George Cefai
- History writes, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Bihar of The Third-class People (Not All.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- A chapel dilapidated, Emmanuel George Cefai
- And bell and a cock, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Notepad of joy, Emmanuel George Cefai
- There appeared A child, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The Worst Fellows As Politicians In Biha.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The bells were ringing, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The cocks crowing, Emmanuel George Cefai