Edgard Canales P
4 What Its Worth
4 What it's worth...
for all those times
I made you hurt.
I know it means nothing now
but just listen, hear me out...
I apologize for being selfish,
young and dumb
I destroyed our love
and shattered our bond.
When pregnant I made you cry
didn't come home at night,
and even when I told the truth,
Went through so much together
when life was at its worst
we managed to make it better.
On this journey to become a man
I did things I never planned.
I went to jail and
left our relationship on pause,
Got out but was too blind to see
what I had caused.
I knew things were not the same
No more hugs or kisses
Your fed up
And there's only me to blame.
2 kids posing as adults,
to do whats right
is what you thought.
Didn't want to let you go
couldn't believe it
pleaded and argued
through the door.
is what you say
suck it up, pack my bags
I'll be gone today.
Back to my mothers,
thinking of my daughter.
But time has passed on
each of us in search of a
We all grown up now
no more fighting
& getting loud.
We really don't say much
Just a simple hi or was up.
And that's cool
Just wanted you to realize
4 what it's worth...
I really do apologize.
Edgard Canales P's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (4 What Its Worth by Edgard Canales P )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- i am accused of tending to the past, Lucille Clifton
- 'Hope' is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
Poem of the Day
- Put God First, Robert Barnett
- Te Amé Desde el Primer de los Días, Hebert Logerie
- Scales falling, Angell Afinowi
- About the Armadillo, Angell Afinowi
- Leprosy at the birthday Party, Angell Afinowi
- The Journey, Alvin Mingle
- Darling, Anthony Di'anno
- Bright Shades of Life, Rohit Sapra
- Tolstoy's Lament, Bill Lindsay
- The valley of Utah, Rekha Mandagere