Edgard Canales P
4 What Its Worth
4 What it's worth...
for all those times
I made you hurt.
I know it means nothing now
but just listen, hear me out...
I apologize for being selfish,
young and dumb
I destroyed our love
and shattered our bond.
When pregnant I made you cry
didn't come home at night,
and even when I told the truth,
Went through so much together
when life was at its worst
we managed to make it better.
On this journey to become a man
I did things I never planned.
I went to jail and
left our relationship on pause,
Got out but was too blind to see
what I had caused.
I knew things were not the same
No more hugs or kisses
Your fed up
And there's only me to blame.
2 kids posing as adults,
to do whats right
is what you thought.
Didn't want to let you go
couldn't believe it
pleaded and argued
through the door.
is what you say
suck it up, pack my bags
I'll be gone today.
Back to my mothers,
thinking of my daughter.
But time has passed on
each of us in search of a
We all grown up now
no more fighting
& getting loud.
We really don't say much
Just a simple hi or was up.
And that's cool
Just wanted you to realize
4 what it's worth...
I really do apologize.
Edgard Canales P's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (4 What Its Worth by Edgard Canales P )
- 1 [Tears] (Neverending Poetry - Personal.., Lenny Orlando Camacho
- You're The Best..., Almedia Knight Oliver
- Only In My Dreams (Regional Korea), Ronald Chapman
- Being Realistic, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Countless tears., Marcondes Pereira
- Unrest Soul: Dark minds, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- me &the dragon, gordon nosworthy
- A Free Mind, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Dissolved, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Go boothward young doves, moez meftah
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)