#252 I’d Forgotten About Romancing
I'd forgotten about romancing,
I'd forgotten how that goes;
The use of actions instead of words,
Like offering a fresh picked rose.
Like surprise visits to show I care
Or gently brushing My Dear Wife’s hair.
I’d forgotten it’s great pleasure,
It’s meaning, it’s intent;
To strengthen love and trust,
That sorrows we prevent.
Like swaying slowly in the moonlight
Or holding My Girl all through the night.
I’d forgotten about the little things
That prove to mean much more.
Like holding hands, holding hearts
And holding open every door.
Like a soft kiss to awaken from sleep
Or wiping tears when comes time to weep.
I’d forgotten the importance of courting,
Of dating and of wooing.
How could I forget to romance,
Not just in speaking but doing?
My Lord and My Love, forgive how I’ve been
And may I never forget romancing again.
Jimmie Arrington's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (#252 I’d Forgotten About Romancing by Jimmie Arrington )
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(25 July 1956)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Thanks for Remembering Us, Dana Gioia
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- Tarantella, Hilaire Belloc
- Gratefulness, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
Poem of the Day
- Sashay, Cee Bea
- Snakes are snakes always, gajanan mishra
- Sonnets Uncorseted, Maxine Kumin
- Sky, mina lotfi
- Where are my children, gajanan mishra
- Winter Festival Chant, Luo Zhihai
- A Humble Heroine, Max Plowman
- Dear Amy Nehzooukammyatootill, Aimee Nezhukumatathil
- I fear a foolish, gajanan mishra
- Cycle of life (German), Michelle Chvojka