#252 I’d Forgotten About Romancing
I'd forgotten about romancing,
I'd forgotten how that goes;
The use of actions instead of words,
Like offering a fresh picked rose.
Like surprise visits to show I care
Or gently brushing My Dear Wife’s hair.
I’d forgotten it’s great pleasure,
It’s meaning, it’s intent;
To strengthen love and trust,
That sorrows we prevent.
Like swaying slowly in the moonlight
Or holding My Girl all through the night.
I’d forgotten about the little things
That prove to mean much more.
Like holding hands, holding hearts
And holding open every door.
Like a soft kiss to awaken from sleep
Or wiping tears when comes time to weep.
I’d forgotten the importance of courting,
Of dating and of wooing.
How could I forget to romance,
Not just in speaking but doing?
My Lord and My Love, forgive how I’ve been
And may I never forget romancing again.
Jimmie Arrington's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (#252 I’d Forgotten About Romancing by Jimmie Arrington )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Shadows in the Dark, Darlene Walsh
- Who can be one's bombshell?, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Eveningsong, Elizabeth Shield
- Chords Of Remembering, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Composite Of Intellect, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Journal Editors Calling Themselves C.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- until we end up in the same tent..., Mandolyn ...
- At First Sight, Elizabeth Shield
- Recognition Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- बिमा, Ronjoy Brahma