#252 I’d Forgotten About Romancing
I'd forgotten about romancing,
I'd forgotten how that goes;
The use of actions instead of words,
Like offering a fresh picked rose.
Like surprise visits to show I care
Or gently brushing My Dear Wife’s hair.
I’d forgotten it’s great pleasure,
It’s meaning, it’s intent;
To strengthen love and trust,
That sorrows we prevent.
Like swaying slowly in the moonlight
Or holding My Girl all through the night.
I’d forgotten about the little things
That prove to mean much more.
Like holding hands, holding hearts
And holding open every door.
Like a soft kiss to awaken from sleep
Or wiping tears when comes time to weep.
I’d forgotten the importance of courting,
Of dating and of wooing.
How could I forget to romance,
Not just in speaking but doing?
My Lord and My Love, forgive how I’ve been
And may I never forget romancing again.
Jimmie Arrington's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (#252 I’d Forgotten About Romancing by Jimmie Arrington )
- Ara Oko, Tosin Abegunde
- Yes, it is my death, gajanan mishra
- I wish I could, Gouda Moon
- SEEKING YOU.., kunjubi varghese
- NOSTALGIC MEANDERINGS...., kunjubi varghese
- Strangers, brian naugher
- INVITATION.., kunjubi varghese
- SPLENDOURS OF LOVE, kunjubi varghese
- What Is, Is What's Done, Katherine Nordhaus
- WHEN THE BELL TOLLS, kunjubi varghese
Poem of the Day
- I Would Live In Your Love, Sara Teasdale
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- November, Thomas Hood
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Friendship, Kennedy Phadima
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)