#252 I’d Forgotten About Romancing
I'd forgotten about romancing,
I'd forgotten how that goes;
The use of actions instead of words,
Like offering a fresh picked rose.
Like surprise visits to show I care
Or gently brushing My Dear Wife’s hair.
I’d forgotten it’s great pleasure,
It’s meaning, it’s intent;
To strengthen love and trust,
That sorrows we prevent.
Like swaying slowly in the moonlight
Or holding My Girl all through the night.
I’d forgotten about the little things
That prove to mean much more.
Like holding hands, holding hearts
And holding open every door.
Like a soft kiss to awaken from sleep
Or wiping tears when comes time to weep.
I’d forgotten the importance of courting,
Of dating and of wooing.
How could I forget to romance,
Not just in speaking but doing?
My Lord and My Love, forgive how I’ve been
And may I never forget romancing again.
Jimmie Arrington's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (#252 I’d Forgotten About Romancing by Jimmie Arrington )
- The Keepers Of Paris, Arno Le Roux
- A Secret Room, Arno Le Roux
- The Drug That Is Time, Arno Le Roux
- Random life!, SALINI NAIR
- Secret Music, Arno Le Roux
- My Weird Looks, Rohit Sapra
- The Way I Feel About Love, Rohit Sapra
- Abandoned, Tony Adah
- Lace and More, Arno Le Roux
- Let there be light, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- On the Pulse of Morning, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1679 - 1718)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)