21st Century Trade
Cheap values, expensive goods
and the thin line is drawn
where values and possessions meet.
A day's dime, for a night's round
and in a night lodge,
my virginity is lost
Fame for my sweet body
and in your video, i' ll appear naked
Jets, guns, and artillery...
politics by other means
and my people will sleep hungry
and i' ll take my share
in the ruins of a happy family.
Coming to the end, we are satisfied
The end of our hope, faith and love.
Sad to leave, happy to live...
in the 21st century trade.
Timothy muggaga's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (21st Century Trade by Timothy muggaga )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Poetic styles, Somanathan Iyer
- Unknown Cat, Somanathan Iyer
- Around us, Somanathan Iyer
- Don't ask certain people what food you h.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Empty Cartridge, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Your Love, abigail sikwenda
- The Missing Feeling, abigail sikwenda
- Lights Off, abigail sikwenda
- Situationships, abigail sikwenda
- Kind leaning, hasmukh amathalal