Alon Calinao Dy
2012 Was A Blessing
This was the most beautiful time of the year,
My first holiday with my wife together
With better jobs for my family members
And best memories for my family and friends.
This coming Christmas is the most exciting one,
The most memorable of all holidays
That I'll ever have in my entire life
For I'll be with my wife to celebrate
This beautiful season of love.
So many blessings I received from God above.
He'd given me a good health and a loving wife
As well as a great job I always dream of.
Perhaps, He'll give me also a baby this Christmas.
Indeed, This year 2012 was a blessing for me.
I thank God for his unending support and guide.
I thank our Lord Jesus for giving me a chance
To fulfill all my wishes and dreams in life.
Alon Calinao Dy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (2012 Was A Blessing by Alon Calinao Dy )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Drop In The Bucket, Michael P. McParland
- I Am Nobody......, Michael P. McParland
- Who to forgive., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Right Next To Me, Michael P. McParland
- Uski yaade, Thakur Jain
- Hurting, Jamila M.K.Hussen
- Little girl, Amal Ahmed
- Weeping Heart, Michael P. McParland
- The Bluff-masters As Poets, Bijay Kant Dubey
- God was born, devon da poet