2 To The 5th Power
Peripheral battle lines
are secretly drawn
wine breathed pawns.
Mathematically strategized goals.
Sentinels call out moves and hours.
Foot soldiers advance toward
opposing sides 2 to the 4th power.
Alternating flag flown
on white and dark tower.
Quartered unmanned horses
roam 2 to the 5th power.
Royalty safely guarded and hid
behind rock walls tiered flowers.
Domination of linear spaced
cubic grid 2 to the 6th power.
Coveted royal crowns
and squares delicately paced
by clerics cloned and robed
bound on diagonal straights.
Ranks one through eight
attacking in combination.
Captain Cur's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
of chess now and again!
Comments about this poem (2 To The 5th Power by Captain Cur )
Did you read them?
- Make others do, gajanan mishra
- MY FEELINGS FOR YOU, AMADU KAMARA
- From Gandhiji's Quotes for Gandhi Jayanthi, Dr John Celes
- Seeing, Aparna Chatterjee
- O American Girl, Will You Take With You?, Bijay Kant Dubey
- A Woman in Love, Akhtar Jawad
- Endearing Love, Kwai Chee Low
- The Swing, Kwai Chee Low
- Price, Ashraful Alam Shikder
- Let The King Think, Ashraful Alam Shikder
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Philip Booth
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)