2 To The 5th Power
Peripheral battle lines
are secretly drawn
wine breathed pawns.
Mathematically strategized goals.
Sentinels call out moves and hours.
Foot soldiers advance toward
opposing sides 2 to the 4th power.
Alternating flag flown
on white and dark tower.
Quartered unmanned horses
roam 2 to the 5th power.
Royalty safely guarded and hid
behind rock walls tiered flowers.
Domination of linear spaced
cubic grid 2 to the 6th power.
Coveted royal crowns
and squares delicately paced
by clerics cloned and robed
bound on diagonal straights.
Ranks one through eight
attacking in combination.
Captain Cur's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
of chess now and again!
Comments about this poem (2 To The 5th Power by Captain Cur )
Did you read them?
- Life, samuel sannoh
- Blind, Blind, Naveed Khalid
- A ripple's life, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- What is this world of ours ماهذا العالم .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Sinners الاثمون, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Touch-me-not, Naveed Khalid
- The Sword and the Plowshare, John F. McCullagh
- On the road a Recovery Poem, jeff newnham
- Sinners, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- An Image Of An Old House, Yohan Confectioner
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(3 March 1878 - 9 April 1917)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)