There lies two roads before me,
One right, one left.
They seem to call to me
With every little step.
This is proving to be a conflict
Quite difficult to decide.
I’m having problems finding
Which one with which I should side.
What lies ahead on the right
Is a life of immense fame.
While the one on the left
Shows pride all the same.
But the problems that hide in each road
Are yet to be seen.
So I walk in the tall grass
That lies in between.
Devon McElveen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (2 Roads by Devon McElveen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- A Kind of Vertigo, douglas scotney
- Sacaificed, Tony Ford
- Gay parade, Nassy Fesharaki
- Neighbor, Katie Doty
- department stores give me a headache, Mandolyn ...
- Secrets Hidden By The Side Of The Road, Is It Poetry
- Poetic Flashes, Sandra Feldman
- Lick Of Leak, sallam yassin
- Ode to Arizona on a Hot Summer's Day, Adam M. Snow
- Forgiveness, Tony Ford