There lies two roads before me,
One right, one left.
They seem to call to me
With every little step.
This is proving to be a conflict
Quite difficult to decide.
I’m having problems finding
Which one with which I should side.
What lies ahead on the right
Is a life of immense fame.
While the one on the left
Shows pride all the same.
But the problems that hide in each road
Are yet to be seen.
So I walk in the tall grass
That lies in between.
Devon McElveen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (2 Roads by Devon McElveen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Graveyard, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- Symphony of Discords By K.V.Suryanarayan.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Our Roads, Somanathan Iyer
- It's Not Just Rain, Daniel Skentelbery
- The Day After I Shouted Abuse at the Queen, Daniel Skentelbery
- Name-Calling, Diane Hine
- A pan fried fish…?, Mark Heathcote
- The Persecuted, Sandra Feldman
- wedding day, ademola oluwabusayo
- Dream the moon, Somanathan Iyer